ABAP : How to move cursor to next field?

In screen painter, I have two fields er_id and er_name.In er_id I have validated
for duplication record.Once user enters er_id,I checked for its existence in its table
if exists warning message is displayed and if not exists cursor should go to next field i.e er_name.How to acheive this?My code is
select * from t1 where er_id = er_id
if sy-dbcnt <> o
message 'er id exists'
else
set cursor field 'er_name'.
endif
But this is not working,i placed above code in module m1 input',some said that set cursor should be in PBO.So I assigned boolean value to one variable and checked in PBO,even then its not working.
else
status = 'yes'.
endif
PBO:
if status = 'yes'.
set cursor field 'er_name'.
endif.

Help me.Thanks in advance.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello to all previous members of this community i am a new one i am doing MCA final year and also pursuing CCNA and MCSA so i am especially intersted...
The Reporters, Hindustan Times, Mumbai Hi, ​Read the articles in your Newspaper of 24th September Pg 10 (mumbai edition) about the Judiciary and the draconian law of contempt that these...
can anybody solve my problem 1 I download mcsa 70-290 CDS(in 2 CDS ) from rapid share which are password protected i.e "bazina" it go well with the CD1(7parts of...
Corruption ... Let's Fight NOW​ Are there no businessmen, who would like to see the end of corruption ? There are too many, but it requires a mass movement, to...
hello to all of u...i am new to this community..but very surely will e a pro...