Aakash 3 Specs & Features Don't Make It "Remarkably Different"

Finally, the Aakash 3 specs and features have been revealed. Our love affair with the tablet dates back since the launch of the Buy Aakash Tablet Online Or In Retail Stores. Since then the tablet has been in the news for severa right and wrong reasons. But despite all the hype, positives and negatives, Indian consumers have loved the tablet and at one point of time, the tablet was selling at the rate of ~100,000 Aakash Tablets Are Being Ordered Every Day! per day! Don't misst out on our article on whether Aakash Tablet - Made In India Or China?? The latest entry in the series of these low cost tablets is no different.

Few weeks ago, we revealed the Aakash 3 Specs - Hardware & Software, and it turns out that most of the specs we revealed are correct. The tablet has A8 Cortex processor operating at 1GHz frequency, about 512MB of internal memory, 4 Gigabytes of storage capacity, Multi-Touch capacitive screen, Front VGA camera, Wireless 802.11 b/g/n connectivity. We also learn from the social media leaks that the tablet will have a SIM card slot (read 3G connectivity) and ability to make calls (we doubt this though). We don't have concrete information on the Android version this tablet will ship but we'd definitely want to see it with Jelly Bean. We learn that the final specifications of the tablet will be stamped by the National Mission For Education.

slide

What's important to note that the revealed specs don't make the Aakash 3 tablet 'remarkably different' as we thought. Earlier we had learned that the tablet is under development at IIT-B, IIT-Rajasthan, IIT-Madras and Prof. Jhunjhunwala is working on making sure that the tablet delivers all the expectations from it.

HRD Minister, Kapil Sibal is already Gung-Ho about the use of tablet in effective delivery of education through the tablet. The Indian Government even plans to hand out these tablets completely free of cost to a large number of students.

We'd of course keep our eyes on the tablet and related developments. It'd be cool to have your opinions on the upcoming Aakash 3 tablet.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm expecting comments on VoiCE posts, folks 😀 Do you think Aakash 3 specs are impressive?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It's not about specs Akash III may have but the question is , I or even in my friend circle even seen a device named Akash.
    It seems like a ghost with version 1,2,3 came out every year and our HONORABLE HRD minister comes up on surface like he is launching Nexus 5 device.
    It smells like just another scam.👎

(If I am wrong please anyone, with Akash tablet, post a small review video☕ )
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Looks like we will never see the Aakash 3 tablet -> To Aakash Or Not To Aakash - That Is The Question
  • lal
    lal
    Just read the Canadian company Datawind, to whom the Aakash-2 orders were given, has failed to complete the delivery of required number of tablets. Datawind has supplied only one fourth of the total order placed.

Aakash tablet project comes a cropper - The Hindu
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lal
    Just read the Canadian company Datawind, to whom the Aakash-2 orders were given, has failed to complete the delivery of required number of tablets. Datawind has supplied only one fourth of the total order placed.

Aakash tablet project comes a cropper - The Hindu
    That's exactly what I wrote here on following link. The whole Aakash tablet project has its future uncertain.

Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Looks like we will never see the Aakash 3 tablet -> To Aakash Or Not To Aakash - That Is The Question
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    If only we could come up with some cool apps, the Aakash tablet might as well become a low cost Data Acquisition Card for some Btech boys. Wish they would release a usb to analog i/p-o/p shield like people from simplelabs do for their lcd displays and induinox boards.
  • lal
    lal
    Just heard the news that the government responded the news about stopping aakash tablets was baseless. And even said a fourth version will be launched.

I wonder if someone is making their pockets bigger with Aakash 😐

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

why do we learn c,c++,java and other languages?actually where do we use them?
I'm currently working on load balancing project. I need access to the file on another computer connected to mine over LAN so that I could balance the disk space of...
Humans are constantly developing programs and robots, with self learning abilities embedded in their coding, so that it doesn't need to learn new tasks. We have already watched the 'Terminator'...
sir,i wants to know about that how the traffic lights are working?
hi engineers!!! i am doing my final year project in grid computing do any one of here know about gridsim?????