A "virtual" palm-sized keyboard

A palm-sized laser-projected keyboard has been developed by a Korean Company! It is a small box that can fit into your hand yet provides a full-sized keyboard when needed! Switch it on, Place it on your desk and it projects an image of a keyboard on to the surface in front of it. Tap the virtual key and the corresponding characters are communicated wire-lessly to any compatible device by bluetooth, from laptop to a smart-phone! The principles involved are very simple, as the projection of keyboard is just made by a tiny projector at the top of the box.At the bottom of box, beams of infrared light are emitted just above the surface of desk. As your fingers tap the surface, they cut through these beams,which are then reflected up to a camera in the middle of the box. The camera sees the reflection and works out from it's position which key has been "pressed virtually". Though this MagicCube is clever, it is essentially just a very portable replacement for a real keyboard!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The future lies in speech recognition. Siri's just set the stage.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    AviatorAUTOBOT
    A palm-sized laser-projected keyboard has been developed by a Korean Company! It is a small box that can fit into your hand yet provides a full-sized keyboard when needed! Switch it on, Place it on your desk and it projects an image of a keyboard on to the surface in front of it. Tap the virtual key and the corresponding characters are communicated wire-lessly to any compatible device by bluetooth, from laptop to a smart-phone! The principles involved are very simple, as the projection of keyboard is just made by a tiny projector at the top of the box.At the bottom of box, beams of infrared light are emitted just above the surface of desk. As your fingers tap the surface, they cut through these beams,which are then reflected up to a camera in the middle of the box. The camera sees the reflection and works out from it's position which key has been "pressed virtually". Though this MagicCube is clever, it is essentially just a very portable replacement for a real keyboard!
    Hi friend, that is really a nice piece of information, but I would appreciate if you mention a small link mentioning the source of the content at the bottom of each such thread. 👍

Keep us posted. 😀
  • AviatorAUTOBOT
    AviatorAUTOBOT
    sure!! would keep that in mind net time....! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The first biggest success of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) of European giants CERN comes; but the physicists will have to hold their breathe a little while longer! Two teams...
MIT Pune and Bharat Asmita foundation has organized a Youth conference at MIT Pune. It is organized for making young people aware of Democracy. Check this out- https://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_3-day-youth-parliament-kicks-off-in-pune-on-wednesday_1493498 Register here....
Hello mam, I am a final year chemical engg student. Just wanted to know how cad designing would be beneficial as i wanted to go for designing, since i am...
i have following error while open ms office application. help me please.... There is no not enough memory or disk space to run word.
Google set benchmark for other email service providers by including Gtalk chat feature in Gmail several years ago. It took long time for other popular service providers like Yahoo to...