A suitable job for BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering Graduate

I have completed BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering in June 2014. I have also done PLC and SCADA course and worked in an Automation Company for a very low salary of Rs.7,000/-. Frustrated, I stopped looking for a core job in Chennai City, TN and now I am working as a Distributed Console operator in IBM for the last one year and six months on contract basis. The job is on shift basis and I am paid only Rs.18,000/- salary since I am on contract [selected through Alchemy on referral drive].

Also, recently I got selected for a similar job in M/s.HCL but had to decline the offer as I was told to give three months relieving time at IBM.

I am not sure whether they will confirm my job here in IBM or not. Could you kindly advice me whether I should leave IBM and look for another job or else wait until I get confirmed here. [which I am not sure of].

Thanks

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Vinodhini Gnanasekar
    I have completed BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering in June 2014. I have also done PLC and SCADA course and worked in an Automation Company for a very low salary of Rs.7,000/-. Frustrated, I stopped looking for a core job in Chennai City, TN and now I am working as a Distributed Console operator in IBM for the last one year and six months on contract basis. The job is on shift basis and I am paid only Rs.18,000/- salary since I am on contract [selected through Alchemy on referral drive].

Also, recently I got selected for a similar job in M/s.HCL but had to decline the offer as I was told to give three months relieving time at IBM.

I am not sure whether they will confirm my job here in IBM or not. Could you kindly advice me whether I should leave IBM and look for another job or else wait until I get confirmed here. [which I am not sure of].

Thanks
    I am not sure if contractors are confirmed. Are you sure?

If you're not happy with the job at IBM, you should definitely look for another job but without leaving the IBM. Keep in mind the gold rule. A bird in hand is always better than two in bush. Never leave what you've in hand until you find something better.
  • Hemalatha Gnanasekar
    Hemalatha Gnanasekar
    Thanks for your reply. I am happy with the job at IBM and I am waiting for confirmation. If I am not confirmed within December 2016, I shall start trying for a new job.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While CE is adapting the greatest change in engineering ecosystem and is on the verge of adding the primary feather in its crown, light, the true essence of our existence...
which is the best book in electrical engineering ?
When i make a post, like in the download section, it wont let me create new tag, only use existing keyword tags that pop up after typing first two letters....
Hy Everyone! I am currently doing M. Tech on power systems engineering and it's high time I should start thinking about a project ! Can anyone help me with latest...
What will be the effect of yearback in engineering?One of my friend completed his engineering in 8 years.Does he has any carrier option with his degree for jobs and all?Can...