A Solar-Powered iPhone? Maybe!

An interesting solar charger concept for cell phones.
A Solar-Powered iPhone? Maybe! | TIME.com

Bioramani

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    bioramani
    An interesting solar charger concept for cell phones.
    A Solar-Powered iPhone? Maybe! | TIME.com

Bioramani
    This would be fantastic solution of battery charging. 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update from WYPSIS:
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well Solar power harvesting has to be much more effective if we need to charge a 7Ah battery in atleast 5 hours otherwise this is not a suitable solution

An interesting design and awesome tech

Don't you think that the power harvested from sun will be lesser than the power required to drive the device ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nokia had tried a solar phone but they gave up on it. I'm not sure why. Maybe they couldn't generate enough electricity to power the phone for long times. But with laptops getting solar powered, I see phones too will get the panels.

A breakthrough in solar energy to electrical energy conversion is the need of time.

I doubt Apple will go the solar way anytime soon.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well the intensity of the energy received per square metre is Just 1KWh and 10% efficient device will harvest 100Wh and that too only with highest efficient position

So net power harvested is less than 30Wh That power is not sufficient for the powering a device 100% it can be used only as standby power source and not as the Actual power source
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    i think every anderoid phone have the capebility to charge through the light energy i tried it on my phone there is a app on google play store i downloaded and by this app i am able to charge my phone by the light energy it not mater from the light coming it may be from a bulb,tube or sun.by this app the screen of the phone will act as a solar pannel and it gets charged so we can use it but it might be a slow process.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I had seen samsung bar type phones which has a a basic options/features but I havent seen any smartphones till now but it may be handy in remote areas where power supply cannot be #-Link-Snipped-# I dont remember a single smartphone that have been produced where the screen can act as solor panel and trap energy to charge the battery. The app seems to be a fun game.I may be wrong so please post the app name so that we could check it out and post our comments.
  • yogi.bharadwaj
    yogi.bharadwaj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I had seen samsung bar type phones which has a a basic options/features but I havent seen any smartphones till now but it may be handy in remote areas where power supply cannot be #-Link-Snipped-# I dont remember a single smartphone that have been produced where the screen can act as solor panel and trap energy to charge the battery. The app seems to be a fun game.I may be wrong so please post the app name so that we could check it out and post our comments.
    sorry but i used it in htc smart phone a about 4-5 months before.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    yogi.bharadwaj
    Name the phone if possible?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Name the phone if possible?
    yogi.bharadwaj
    I don't care what mobile you are having from HTC company

None of the company's models Have a solar panel in its screen and the proof is found in their website

That app is a mere fake thing and it does not do what it says. HTC mobiles doesn't have the hardware to support the claims made by the app

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the dominant features of the Webb telescope is its tennis court-sized sunshield. The sunshield protects the observatory from unwanted light, keeping it cool and allowing it to detect...
I am confused please guide me for Electrical Machines's book , i am in 2nd year engineering student .
Wishing you many many Happy Returns of the Day Surya. :myparty: Surya 🎉 Have a great day. 😁
Quote: Software developed by Flinders University’s Dr Paul Gardner-Stephen that enables mobile phones to communicate during a disaster will be freely available to the public by the end of the...
Alberta University-led researchers have confirmed that a relatively harmless inorganic form of mercury found worldwide in ocean water is transformed into a potent neurotoxin in the seawater itself. Read more:...