A puzzle a day...:)

This one is pretty simple(might have been already posted...๐Ÿ˜›) even then i publish this..! enjoy working this out..!
Three Masters of Logic wanted to find out who was the wisest amongst them. So they turned to their Grand Master, asking to resolve their dispute.โ€‹
"Easy," the old sage said. "I will blindfold you and paint either red, or blue dot on each man's forehead. When I take your blindfolds off, if you see at least one red dot, raise your hand. The one, who guesses the color of the dot on his forehead first, wins."โ€‹
And so it was said, and so it was done. The Grand Master blindfolded the three contestants and painted red dots on every one. When he took their blindfolds off, all three men raised their hands as the rules required, and sat in silence pondering. Finally, one of them said: "I have a red dot on my forehead."โ€‹
How did he guess??โ€‹

Replies

• vinod1993
    vinod1993
    is this puzzle so boring?? Thn y no takers?๐Ÿ˜‰ pls try
  • risen1212
    risen1212
    vinod1993
    This one is pretty simple(might have been already posted...๐Ÿ˜›) even then i publish this..! enjoy working this out..!
    Three Masters of Logic wanted to find out who was the wisest amongst them. So they turned to their Grand Master, asking to resolve their dispute.โ€‹
    "Easy," the old sage said. "I will blindfold you and paint either red, or blue dot on each man's forehead. When I take your blindfolds off, if you see at least one red dot, raise your hand. The one, who guesses the color of the dot on his forehead first, wins."โ€‹
    And so it was said, and so it was done. The Grand Master blindfolded the three contestants and painted red dots on every one. When he took their blindfolds off, all three men raised their hands as the rules required, and sat in silence pondering. Finally, one of them said: "I have a red dot on my forehead."โ€‹
    How did he guess??โ€‹
    Well,instead of going through the lengthy explanation with the alternatives,let me answer in short by saying that "The fact that none of them answered was obvious for him to gues that he was red" ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    vinod1993
    How did he guess??โ€‹
    Let's name them A,B and C.

Each one of them would raise their hand seeing the red dots on the other two's head.

Below tells us why they sat in silence.
    Ex: A sees two red dots. He thinks that B might have raised hand seeing C's forehead, and C might have raised the hand seeing B's forehead.
    Same thought would have made B and C also silent.

Now, Let's assume A answered correctly and his clever. Below is how he came to that conclusion.

He knows that no one is ready to answer. If the mark on his forehead was blue, then B would see just the red mark on c and C would see the red mark only on B. In that case either B/C would have confidently said that the mark on their fore head was red. Coz B would see that A's is blue and C's is red. C would not have raised his hand if the mark on B was blue. Same happens with C. Since, they did not answer and remain silent, A concluded that the mark on hos forehead was not blue. Hence ,he answered red correctly.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    good...! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    so here i give another continuation of this topic try to solve this as well.....!! This simpler than the above..! ๐Ÿ˜€โ€‹
    After losing the "Spot on the Forehead" contest, the two defeated Puzzle Masters complained that the winner had made a slight pause before raising his hand, thus derailing their deductive reasoning train of thought. And so the Grand Master vowed to set up a truly fair test to reveal the best logician amongst them.
    He showed the three men 5 hats - two white and three black. Then he turned off the lights in the room and put a hat on each Puzzle Master's head. After that the old sage hid the remaining two hats, but before he could turn the lights on, one of the Masters, as chance would have it, the winner of the previous contest, announced the color of his hat. And he was right once again.
    What color was his hat? What could have been his reasoning?
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    vinod1993
    so here i give another continuation of this topic try to solve this as well.....!! This simpler than the above..! ๐Ÿ˜€โ€‹
    After losing the "Spot on the Forehead" contest, the two defeated Puzzle Masters complained that the winner had made a slight pause before raising his hand, thus derailing their deductive reasoning train of thought. And so the Grand Master vowed to set up a truly fair test to reveal the best logician amongst them.
    He showed the three men 5 hats - two white and three black. Then he turned off the lights in the room and put a hat on each Puzzle Master's head. After that the old sage hid the remaining two hats, but before he could turn the lights on, one of the Masters, as chance would have it, the winner of the previous contest, announced the color of his hat. And he was right once again.
    What color was his hat? What could have been his reasoning?

Below it is!

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in most of the conventional devices the losses in standby state is higher due to the variations in the properties of the device both with temperature and with voltage input...
how can i tap the power generated from solar energy and wind energy....?
Is the talent acquisition pattern used in industries these days? If yes, What is it actually? Or still the "Higher" degrees are preferred?๐Ÿ˜’
In this material world we are definitely in for a race in everything(especially in developing nations like INDIA)..In many universities in southern India We students are more stressed on to...
Have you ever wondered why Warren Buffet is still making so many bucks and spending none of them. That's because money making is his passion. I think one should develop...