A post which is locked and contains project ideas!!

Ok I think every deptt shuld have this, which is locked and contains project ideas so that people stop asking questions without even going through the other threads

This could include names and details of the projects made by people here or which can be made.

I thinks its needed badly, coz people sometime go insane for these
take the wolframalfa thread for example
they want that genius to suggest them final year engg. projects

what do you think??

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good idea.

But there are some glitches.

Who'll post the thread? Who'll have the permission to add and modify the info in the thread? what if someone wants to add a project idea or modify something?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We already have such collection in sticky posts Project Ideas section, right? Or you're talking about something else?
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    The_Big_K
    We already have such collection in sticky posts Project Ideas section, right? Or you're talking about something else?
    Well they are seriously filled with extra messages that were not required. I am suggesting a thread which is fully organized and non-staff members could not reply to, but if they like any of the topic from that thread then they can start a new thread just to discuss that and if they would like to make any innovation.

silverscorpion
    Good idea.
    But there are some glitches.
    Who'll post the thread? Who'll have the permission to add and modify the info in the thread? what if someone wants to add a project idea or modify something?
    editing only for mods or staff
    If anyone wants to add, they have to follow a format of submitting and send it to mod or just post it in a new thread which can later be merged.

I am just talking about organizing stuff. ๐Ÿ˜€

Here just to explain my Idea, suppose we post a Tesla coil as a project foir electrical students

Example:

Tesla Coil

A Tesla coil is a type of resonant transformer circuit invented by Serbian-American scientist Nikola Tesla around 1891. It is usually used to generate very high voltage, low current, high frequency alternating current electricity.

Demo: My Tesla Coil Running - YouTube

Project Cost: 100$ - 120$

Functions:
    * Produces High Voltage, High frequency pulsed AC.
    * Used for Testing of insulators and insulating materials.
    * Used for creating Special Effects.
    * Emission of Ozone.
    * Wireless Electricity Transmission.
    * Used for researching on lightning discharges.

This is what I am taking about. A thread full of such projects with a little info which could help students and well stop them from asking what should I make. And I am sure these threads can be ever growing because new people will come with different projects and keep adding them and well this could be heaven for students looking for project ideas and knowledge. ๐Ÿ˜€

what do you think??
    โ€‹
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks fantastic. Should be useful to lot of our visitors.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    I think we should implement this post. I guess 1 month would be enough to make threads like these in every section containing like 10-15 projects for every field. ๐Ÿ˜€

I can help with electrical, can give ideas on many. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    We can Use this Format in DIY Project also..

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Good idea Kashish, how did you think of this? I think we have been giving too many ideas to the students without actually guiding them as to how a project is to be done (though lot of them just want ready made information).

Now that you have suggested the idea, why dont you suggest how can we go about it?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is a good idea , we are planning to make a presentation template such that people can have a general idea and combining these will make things easier for people.

But i have a quesiton,
    From the day -1 i am observing we are not here to provide free lunches to people are we going in a direction of providing it??
    Will our initiatives lead to laziness again??

PS. Guys i am not pointing anyone , just i got this question
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    English-Scared
    This is a good idea , we are planning to make a presentation template such that people can have a general idea and combining these will make things easier for people.

But i have a quesiton,
    From the day -1 i am observing we are not here to provide free lunches to people are we going in a direction of providing it??
    Will our initiatives lead to laziness again??

PS. Guys i am not pointing anyone , just i got this question
    I don't think because ultimately they are gonna make the project themselves and when they do they learn even more than what we provide + they will have to go through the typical technical data when they have to present
    so basically, they might start as lazy students but ultimately will be have to become that hard working person to be successful in the project.

and for the free lunch stuff, believe me there is no harm giving them ;-)
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    mayurpathak
    Good idea Kashish, how did you think of this? I think we have been giving too many ideas to the students without actually guiding them as to how a project is to be done (though lot of them just want ready made information).

Now that you have suggested the idea, why dont you suggest how can we go about it?
    first post a thread asking anyone to share projects and delete any reply that contains help me something in that lol
    run it for 1 month then organize all the data in that thread and make it a sticky with the first reply being an index for all the projects.

Ill organize the thread, I can take that responsibility. and I am sure I alone can post about 10 projects which I made lolz, but all are related to electrical, other fields you guys have to do something. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Well basically in this you're supposed to give a person a choice between 2 or more options ....... and they HAVE to choose one if they're gonna post ........... it...
I found this article somewhere like 2 years ago and was resting over my desktop from that time, thought would share in the crazy math section. ๐Ÿ˜ What do the...
Article from NewScientist Magazine ========================================================== ========================================================== ========================================================== Aircraft could be brought down by DIY 'E-bombs' ELECTROMAGNETIC pulse weapons capable of frying the electronics in civil airliners can be built using...
Most of the powerful countries in the world are equipped with nuclear power. That makes me want to start this debate - Is nuclear testing good or bad for everyone?
I have the remains of a Jornada w/ a ARM chip, it was working but some inertia and centripetal acceleration has exceeded a certain design limit and one of the...