A Note About Yesterday's CE Downtime

CEans,

April - June are usually the lowest traffic days of CE community ever year. We decided to go ahead with our existing server configuration thinking the server would handle the traffic. Our estimates, as always, were wrong. Looks like CE's popularity has shot up in last 2 weeks and CE's VoiCE Authors are exploding the blog with awesome content & engineering news updates. As a result, traffic to our blog and forum has gone up, beyond our expectations.

Couple of our VoiCE posts received never-seen-before traffic ( Ex. : #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# ) which bought the server down. It took us some time to investigate the real cause of server going down and coming to conclusion that we needed a server upgrade. The decision was made after our expert server side administrators tried out various server optimization techniques.

That's the reason we experienced site downtime for about 4 times in last 8-10 days. Yesterday, we decided to upgrade the server. Since this is a critical activity, we decided to shut down the site so that the upgrade is smooth. The server was rebooted twice and we didn't have access to the forum for long time. That's why our initial estimate of 30 minutes of downtime 😕 was extended to over 4 hours.

I'm happy to report that the server is now back, is more powerful and hopefully will sustain your love :bighug:. We wish to grow our new server's limits now and with your help and active contribution, take CE to even newer heights.

PS: Please be alerted that there is a slight chance that unexpected issues might occur. We however hope that the downtime, if any, won't be more than 2 minutes longer. If you have thoughts, here's official thread to discuss it with fellow CEans ->

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office This free add-in for Microsoft Office, which hails from Google, lets you save your Office documents to Google Docs, where you can use them...
CEans, As any community grows, it gathers members emotionally attached to it. Althought it's an incredibly good thing for any community - it often results in what's called forum 'flames'....
Friend i want do my project on this topic so I need some information about this topic..........plz send your suggestions and links as yearly as possible
Hi guys, As a part of a project work, i am supposed to detect the number of bluetooth devices switched on on a particular road by the people traveling through...
Twitter, the most popular micro blogging website has bought Tweet Deck for more than $40 million in a cash and stock deal as reported by CNN Money. For those who...