A mini project idea that struck me this morning!

Suppose I am working on my computer. And I have no clue about the whereabouts of my cellphone. (Because I don't remember where I kept it last.)
Wouldn't it be great if there is a facility that gives me updates about my cellphone's incoming messages or calls right on my computer screen?

I think it will be a fantastic facility if I get instantly notified about the latest important message from my phone on my computer screen.

What do you think?

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Nice thought AKD.
    Also, we can make the phone do what ever we want to without touching it, just as we pair mobile phones and do all sorts of hacking in friends' mobiles. The idea you just talked about is a step further. Nice one AKD.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    For Nokia mobiles there is already a software named Nokia PC suite through which if you connect your pc with mobile via bluetooth or data cable then you will get all the notifications related to messages or incoming calls
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    goyal420
    For Nokia mobiles there is already a software named Nokia PC suite through which if you connect your pc with mobile via bluetooth or data cable then you will get all the notifications related to messages or incoming calls
    yeah you can do that with after connecting with a data cable but the idea is to do so when you don't even know the location.
    but awesome idea, ๐Ÿ‘
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    goyal420
    I do suppose bluetooth would be the most practical way. Though, how often do we leave bluetooth enabled on the phone away? That thing is such a power sucker.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    If we use the GSM to track a phone, and know its status, can't we achieve the above said miniproject? This is just a view of a novice in communications.
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    I think its a very good idea. Its quite simple.We need to make an alarm system.This same software should be created in your PC.If you enter your log in name,password and the cell number, an alarm will start in cell.I have this kind of software in my cell.I have registered my cell to my bro's cell. When i enter my password and my cell number in my bro's cell then siren of my cell will start. Software engg,crack your brain!!
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah that is a good idea... ๐Ÿ˜€

better than data cables or bluetooth ๐Ÿ‘
  • rohu1990
    rohu1990
    I got a practicable way to do this project !! .. let the nokia pc suite connect to the phone through gprs !! i mean pc suite uses internet in pc to connect to the phone that has pc suite client which is connected to internet through gprs !! so when u keep your phone pc suite client can be turned on in phone and we can 4get abt it, dont need to find wer we kept our phone !! ๐Ÿ˜€ ...

This can be quite simple if Nokia PC suite was open source ... just need we need to change bluetooth connection module to TCP/IP module and define certain port for this purpose ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why #pragma() is used in C programming? What is meant by structure padding in C programming? How is this related to pragma directive? Please do reply.
hi all. i want to know about various national and international competitions in field of engineering. any good website address would be nice. and also please enllist competitions which can...
The World's Leading Trade Fair for the Automotive Industry 14 to 19 September 2010! Automechanika 2010
hello. i want to know that, what are the essential courses a computer student should have side by side to his studies? and which is most useful language today from...
namaste, here all of you. a thought of mobile app especially made for CE striked me today. but my all sins came across me, coz uptill now I DONT KNOW...