A Man suing Microsoft over Surface Tablet

A guy from California has sued MS saying that Surface tablet doesn't provides the mentioned/advertised disk space to the user. The 32GB version of tablet gives only 16GB space to user, as another 16GB of space is used for Operating system.While in 64 GB version 45 GB is user space & rest is allotted for Operating system.
No further news has been heard of this case.

Any MS Surface owner in CE ? If yes, please come up 😉

What do you think, CEans ? The 32 GB tablet with 16 GB user space & rest for OS is "not-so-big-deal" or Microsoft is crap in developing an OS ?? Will you buy Surface after reading this disk space & OS space thing ? Did MS has announced before or during release about this user space/OS space ever ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think that's how it's always. I think Microsoft's didn't advertise 32GB of 'usable' or 'user dedicated' space. If they say the machine has 32GB of space - then it does have 32GB of space; but most of it is used by the operating system.

I think the same applies to most of the storage media.
  • solar morpher
    solar morpher
    It is a futile case every one knows that the total memory supported by any device is the sum of the memory consumed by the OS and the memory for the apps in it. I wonder whether the case is taken in the court or ...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

About 4 more month before Ubuntu's 13.04 release, its Wallpaper is out ! It's not very unique, it's almost same "subtle evolution" which has been used from last 5 releases....
Google finally integrated Google Drive with Gmail to share files. Now you will have option to attach a file from Drive. I guess it is just similar to sharing option...
hi everyone, i am rajasekhar. i am an electrical engineering student currently in 5th semester of whole 8 semester course in amrita vishwavidyapeetham in bangalore, INDIA. i am interested in...
what is the difference between an analog and digital computers?? i've searched all over the google but I need more information..Help...
I'm wondering if turning a bicycle into a two wheel drive locomotive will offer any mechanical advantage to the system. I just wrote about Tretta AWD bicycles that have the...