a king and a goldsmith

once a king decided to distribute gold coins on his birthday, he called 10 goldsmiths and asked eachone to prepare 10 gold coins of 10grams. one cheated and prepared 9grams of 10 gold coins and king found that cheater by weighing them in one them in 1turn how?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Take one coin from all three makers. and just weight two of them.
    if they are equal third one is of 9grams. other wise the coin which feels lower weight than other is of 9grams.☕
  • pavani abburi
    pavani abburi
    there are 10 not 3makers,what about remainning 7
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    my oversite..😳
    take 1 coin from 1st bag , 2 coins from second bag , 3 coin from 3rd bag and so on .....10 coin from 10th bag.
    weight them collectively. ... find the deviation from 55 grams.😎
  • pavani abburi
    pavani abburi
    yaaaa you are correct

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir...i got 172 in aieee 2012..cn i get mechanical branch in MANIT?? i'm a general category frm indore.!!
I want to know, how the resitance boxes are designed and what are the cosiderations.
State-Estimation For Aggressive Flight in GPS-Denied environments using Onboard Sensing The Robust Robotics group at MIT has developed a system that enables a fixed wing vehicle to localize in a...
actually in my opinion i dont like android devices basically for reasons 1. its hardware is not stable (means in every 6-7 months new processor is out) 2. very heavy...
As Google has launched Google Drive, To survive Dropbox come up with very good marketing trick they are offering extra Space just by connecting Dropbox account with Twitter,Facebook. I earned...