A Issue in Ubuntu!

Hello Guys,

I am using Ubuntu 10.0.4. I am pretty much new to Linux.

I am facing a problem, whenever I start Ubuntu It is asking user id and password in the command prompt.
After entering these details , it is still in command prompt.

I tried the start --system , start --console commands. I dont know whether these exist.

I tried start --help , but I didnt understand what to type to go into system.

Any idea , please let me know.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One more question , I want a software which will help me to connect to my virtual machine.

I have a software in windows and is working fine. can you suggest some free (LEGAL) software for the same in Ubuntu.

Again , I tried but I was unable to install the software in my system.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    I also face same problem once.
    Hope any CEan can have any idea to fix this.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    English-Scared
    One more question , I want a software which will help me to connect to my virtual machine.

I have a software in windows and is working fine. can you suggest some free (LEGAL) software for the same in Ubuntu.

Again , I tried but I was unable to install the software in my system.
    Have you searched in synaptic package manager.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    NO , I have not checked it!

I will check it today , but the problem is my windows is dumped with lot of virus! I need to clean that first ๐Ÿ˜”

for the above mentioned issue, I have formatted the system - installed Ubuntu 9.0 then upgraded to 10.0.4!! but that reoccurred again!

so this time , I dont want to do that.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    may be I don't know that it's legel or not but i found this only .....

#-Link-Snipped-#

please check it out ...
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    At the time of loading the GRUB.......is it giving any more options to load Ubuntu in different modes ?
    Well i am searching about this problem, i think it's a installation problem but i am not really sure about it ....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess there's some problem with the install. You'll only need admin (root) username/password to login to uBuntu. Reinstallation of the OS is what I recommend - but be sure to format the partition before you install.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have reinstalled. But the system crashed!!

I dont know why!!

Will post something If I am able to recover it today!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Strange. I've installed ubuntu so many times but without problem. Did you format the partition?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yep!

I have formatted the partition! The installation was going fine but suddenly I dont know why but all partitions got deleted and system has nothing in it now.

I tried installed XP , but the system doesnt even boot ๐Ÿ˜€

So I have a good task to research on!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hi ES
    Try this

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

joining pipes with frp.. would that b topic for innovation
HELLO, I am an electronics and communication engineer persuing third year.I opened a calculator and was amused to find that it contains only a lcd, a chip and a ciruit...
We've had highest number of users online today - 614! ๐Ÿ˜ . Our earlier record was 581 users online created on November 16, 2008 ๐Ÿ˜ Way to go CEans! We...
Greetings fellow engineers and wanabee's, not sure if I am an engineer or a wanabe! Been doing the Civil Engineering stuff for years, others say i'm good, me, i'm not...
If the total sales for a business in a certain year were $ 150,000 , what were sales in June, if June sales were half the monthly average ? A)...