a few questions...regarding radio and communication technology

hey there guys....i need some help with the following questions that have been bothering me...done a lot of research but did not find any satisfactory answers so this is my last line of hope.

1. why does H.F usually use A.M modulation?
2.why does V.H.F usually use F.M modulation?
3. what limits the range of VHF transmissions?
4. what limits the range of HF transmissions?

all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot😉

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    - AM uses HF transmission not HF use AM
    AM is better for small entities like amateur radios and cordless phones because its signal go far distances but bad fidelity. (not very sure)

- FM uses the range of VHF, not VHF do
    VHF transmission is better for FM channels because can transmit high fidelity sound over a city or two with very minimal interference and minimal signal loss, because VHF doesn't effected so much from buildings or weather interferences.

3 & 4:
    these are relative to the wavelength.

still new in this frequencies thing, you can see this link and collaborate to get to understand it.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    1>x(t)=a*cos(w*t+phi)--A.M
    so H.F uses this to enhance sound fidelity and quality over wide bandwidth
    2>vhf uses F.M to construct its carrier well enough to desired range ...without interference caused by Phase jitters,noise etc. and can reconstruct correctly boyh audio/video at reciever like TV reciever
    3>VHF tuners limits freq range transmission ovr 54-216MHZ
    4>any freq below 54 MHZ
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    for any furthur consults do mail me at: mail.for.soumik@gmail.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CAT 2007 results are out. How about sharing your scores with all of us? 😀
Well, I thought that I might as well start this thread. I recently happened to check out Digg.com's Digg the Candidates module .... you can find it here. Its interesting...
Hi, I have done B. Engg. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) working for a small scale industry, mainly concerned with the production (2 years). I was wondering if I could pursue...
CEans, This is no doubt a great opportunity for each one of you! Mr. Bjarne Stroustrup, the inventor of C++ programming language has agreed for a Small Talk with CrazyEngineers!...
CEans, I think following information might be useful to you. Windows Vista does not let you mess with the hosts file located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ (even if you are logged in...