A Common Agenda For CE City Meets

With our growing strength, it makes perfect sense to start conducting CE City Meets again. The main problem we've faced so far is that there was no fixed agenda for our meets. While attending TED talks recently, I thought of making CE Meets productive so that there's an incentive for CEans to attend or organize one in their cities.

Random thoughts in my mind are as follows -
  • Career guidance for engineering graduates; which I believe is highly needed.
  • Short-Talks; say 5 minutes talks by CEans to talk about the projects they're working on, some crazy ideas they have, interesting experience sharing etc.
  • Group activity: It could be a social activity through our associates. I met co-founder of M.A.D and she's interested in this idea.
I certainly don't want to make this a 'student only' event. Unless we've a mix bag of participants from various domains, it won't be fun.
I'm more inclined towards not making this a 'free' event. Nominal charges for all participants will help us make the event more interesting.
I want your feedback & random thoughts on finalizing this by December 31, 2011. We're going to organize CE Meets on a smaller scale initially and expand once we get some traction.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    In addition to all that is mentioned above, if we have a group of more than 10 people in each city, we can rent a projector and watch 1 or 2 awesome technology videos/movies/documentaries.
    This can be followed by a discussion on this technology and possible improvements.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AbraKaDabra
    In addition to all that is mentioned above, if we have a group of more than 10 people in each city, we can rent a projector and watch 1 or 2 awesome technology videos/movies/documentaries.
    This can be followed by a discussion on this technology and possible improvements.
    That's a good idea too. Maybe we could have a debate, idea exchange session of 10 minutes following every documentary. I'm more inclined towards informal talks by our own CEans.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    CEans could hold a workshop (technical / non-technical) too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    CEans could hold a workshop (technical / non-technical) too.
    Hmm, what type of workshop? I never attended any workshop during my engineering days.

CE-Meets should ideally be an enriching experience.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Hmm, what type of workshop? I never attended any workshop during my engineering days.

CE-Meets should ideally be an enriching experience.

I had attending a few workshops during my engineering days, like:-
    - ‘Hacker’s Tantra’ Live Workshop conducted by ‘Surun Infocore Systems’ in joint venture with MITCOE
    - ‘Project Armstrong’ conducted by Sinhgad Robo-club

We could also have seminars (on latest Technology) by CEans, like this is one that I had attended:-
    - ‘Google Android’ Seminar conducted by PICT

The_Big_K
    • Group activity: It could be a social activity through our associates. I met co-founder of M.A.D and she's interested in this idea.
    Non-Technical workshops (hobbies) could be on an occasional basis, like for eg. an art workshop or a dance workshop on International Dance Day 👍

Social Activity:-
    And this is one idea that I failed to execute (thanks to the co-opertaion of my friends 😔 )
    I had always wanted to do some social service, but I thought how can I help someone without money. Then this idea struck me.
    In a group of (say 10) people, everyone is talented in some way or the other. So instead of spending money on any kind of social service, we could help by teaching our talent to the needy.
    For example, I could teach dance or yoga to orphans, my friends could teach them art and craft, one of my friends could teach them some karate or the like.

PS: Can you define 'Social Activity', in case if I have misinterpreted.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not sure workshops can work in our case. Let's do something that is the need of the hour: promoting innovation among engineers 😀
    For social work; MAD group can definitely help us. They've presence in almost all the major cities across India.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    One more thing is we can use this CE-MEET as a Show Case for those who are working on project and they can show their project on CE-Meet and from that they might get some appreciation,feedback,suggestion or more than that. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    One more thing is we can use this CE-MEET as a Show Case for those who are working on project and they can show their project on CE-Meet and from that they might get some appreciation,feedback,suggestion or more than that. 😀
    Yes, that's the idea.

If we've a gathering of more than 20-30 CEans from any city; we can have small entertainment performances by CEans as well. The idea is -

CE Meet = Knowledge + Ideas + Fun
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Not sure workshops can work in our case. Let's do something that is the need of the hour: promoting innovation among engineers 😀
    For social work; MAD group can definitely help us. They've presence in almost all the major cities across India.
    Okay, I got your point. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What about others? Looks like there are only few of us commenting in this thread 😀
  • manishks
    manishks
    if ceans meet takes place, every cean would get to learn from each other, new ideas will be explored in the process...it will be productive indeed....from my side its thumbs up😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're looking to finalize ideas. Help us select give shape to the CE Meets. We need to publish a final agenda as soon as possible and then start conducting CE Meets all over India.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, is there anyone really interested in CE Meets ☕ ?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Okay, is there anyone really interested in CE Meets ☕ ?
    Hehehe..😁
    When do you plan to start holding CE Meets?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    Hehehe..😁
    When do you plan to start holding CE Meets?
    We've already had CE Meets in 2008, 09 & 10. 2011 was cold!

2012 should see at least 12 meets in all the cities where CEans can gather.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    We've already had CE Meets in 2008, 09 & 10. 2011 was cold!

2012 should see at least 12 meets in all the cities where CEans can gather.
    Okay, I wasn't aware of that.
    Sad for 2011.
    I hope there are some *AWESOME* replies in this thread. 😀

PS: I observed *AWESOME / AWESOMENESS* is a keyword here on CE. 👍
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Dancer_Engineer
    Okay, I wasn't aware of that.
    Sad for 2011.
    I hope there are some *AWESOME* replies in this thread. 😀

PS: I observed *AWESOME / AWESOMENESS* is a keyword here on CE. 👍
    You can join CE-Meet in 2012. Don't miss it. 😀
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    godfather
    You can join CE-Meet in 2012. Don't miss it. 😀
    Surely! I will. 😀
    Finally I found a good place (site) where I can interact with like-minded people, unlike FB and Orkut 😲
  • manishks
    manishks
    i will also join....😀
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I seem to have missed this thread. May be starting small here is the mantra. I think one of the activities would be to discuss latest interest or a hobby of ones choice.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    I seem to have missed this thread. May be starting small here is the mantra. I think one of the activities would be to discuss latest interest or a hobby of ones choice.
    What do you think about the initiatives we're planning?
  • Reya
    Reya
    So the date is finalized?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Reya
    So the date is finalized?
    No, but I'd like to have the agenda finalized by the end of this year. We *must* conduct City Meets. That's the only way to move forward as a community. I'm even in touch with the organizers of an engineering camp at Gadchiroli District in Maharashtra where we (CEans) can go and find out the problems people are facing. Then we can post those problems as 'challenges' to our CEans online and come up with a solution. Then another team can actually work on implementing those solutions.

I think we must *start* somewhere with the new agenda. We don't want 2012 to be like 2011.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    No, but I'd like to have the agenda finalized by the end of this year. We *must* conduct City Meets. That's the only way to move forward as a community. I'm even in touch with the organizers of an engineering camp at Gadchiroli District in Maharashtra where we (CEans) can go and find out the problems people are facing. Then we can post those problems as 'challenges' to our CEans online and come up with a solution. Then another team can actually work on implementing those solutions.

I think we must *start* somewhere with the new agenda. We don't want 2012 to be like 2011.
    Where can I find some information about the previous CE Meets?
    I have no idea how these Meets are conducted.

How about a 'Techinical Quiz Contest'?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    These were casual meets:-

@Delhi: #-Link-Snipped-#
    @Pune: #-Link-Snipped-#
    @Mumbai: #-Link-Snipped-#
    @Ankleshwar: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The_Big_K
    What do you think about the initiatives we're planning?
    short talks and project idea discussios seems good one, but I am not sure how many of them have projects of self interest???may be discussing about other's project or interesting projects what one might have come across would do?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    short talks and project idea discussios seems good one, but I am not sure how many of them have projects of self interest???may be discussing about other's project or interesting projects what one might have come across would do?
    The idea is to find out what our engineers are working on. Most of the projects I encounter are actually ready-made; developed by professionals and sold to engineering students.

We won't necessarily 'discuss' projects. But just listen to what's being worked on.

What else can we do?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We are stuck in this thread here.
    Decide the date for Bangalore meet on a weekend in January. Suggest a place in the middle of the city.
    Lets start a headcount of people attending.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I will be in Delhi between 24 Feb - 28 Feb for vacation.. hope we can set up a CE Meet during this time 😀 If we are planning to do talks, I don't mind sharing some of my experience as a WiMAX/LTE engineer.. or even as an entrepreneur too 😛
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    week end please 😛
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Anytime in Chennai? Anyone?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The agenda is still not final. We need to decide it once and then follow it. Having an aim for meet will definitely help in gathering CEans and also make the meet more interesting.

I know - no one likes boring talks or speeches. But our own CEans talking about their own experiences, projects for not more than 5 minutes would certainly be interesting. What say? What else can we do?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    The agenda is still not final. We need to decide it once and then follow it. Having an aim for meet will definitely help in gathering CEans and also make the meet more interesting.

I know - no one likes boring talks or speeches. But our own CEans talking about their own experiences, projects for not more than 5 minutes would certainly be interesting. What say? What else can we do?
    We shall have a casual meet up, games and fun at the beach, going to the mall and shop for goodies, and finally, using Sodexo power, lets have something to eat... What say???
  • rajakunth
    rajakunth
    i also want to join😀
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    Good idea
    The meets will help upcoming engineers like me to buildup our careers
    I am from Guntur . Any one here for cool meet in hot summer☕
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    Yep , from chennai Im up and active !!! also like minded people can talk about ideas and engineering based startups ! since engg startups are in hibernation ...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We have to start arranging meet-ups in our own city and cities reachable to us. Anyone up for one in their own city?
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    Yes #-Link-Snipped-# , i am from Guntur , Andhra Pradesh . I am interested in taking the responsibility to arrange the meet meet . It is near to Vijayavada , Ongol and other districts .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    deepu11111111
    Yes #-Link-Snipped-# , i am from Guntur , Andhra Pradesh . I am interested in taking the responsibility to arrange the meet meet . It is near to Vijayavada , Ongol and other districts .
    This is great. Start a thread in CE-Events section and invite people to attend it on a weekend. You decide the date and the agenda. If there are not enough people on CE from your area, you can arrange a meet among all your Engineer friends by asking them to at least register on CE and get a CE id.
    All of us CEans will suggest you ideas regarding the meet once you take an initiative. 👍
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    Thanks a lot for your support #-Link-Snipped-# . I will start my work from now and also i will take the help of CEans who belongs to this area .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    deepu11111111
    Thanks a lot for your support #-Link-Snipped-# . I will start my work from now and also i will take the help of CEans who belongs to this area .
    Send me a PM if you need any kind of help from our side. 👍
  • Phenomenal
    Phenomenal
    Any active members from Mumbai?
    Interested in meeting some experienced CEans in our city 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Phenomenal
    Any active members from Mumbai?
    Interested in meeting some experienced CEans in our city 😁
    We have many CEans from Mumbai and we also have CE-Mumbai meet last year.
  • chithrachennai
    chithrachennai
    hey guys am an M.E student pls update informations abt conferences and valid workshops in n around chennai
  • chithrachennai
    chithrachennai
    guys no reply huh 😔 plz do post conferences and workshop details in and around chennai this ll only fetch me a good job 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Electrofest is a technical fest organized by Guntur Engineering College. Recognizing the need for highly trained engineers, GEC conducts programs to benefit engineering education from Diploma level to Undergraduate...
Lots of CEans are sharing our content on Facebook. As you might have already noticed, once you click like/recommend button, a small icon is generated automatically from that page and...
Okay, I'm not a Facebook user and have little knowledge of the FBML aka Facebook Markeup Language. How is it different from HTML and HTML 5? I'm guessing it's something...
hey friends please help me out m persuing b.tech cse ,nd m a 4th year student i am from ggsip university delhi we had campus drive of infosys and i...
We had Delphi recruitment in our campus, a few days back. The technical presentation during the pre-placement talk was one of the worst we had. It was given by a...