A Catalogue for Everything

Hi Crazy Engineers,

As a mechanical engineer and a teaching assistant in a big technical university and a founder of a small engineering company, I often need off the shelf parts. For example an efficient DC motor or a high quality bearing, accurate linear rail or a cheap but good quality encoder for small applications. My own knowledge of different companies and products is not enough and I think most of us need a database like that.

I am just recommending to build a catalogue in this forum and ask the moderators to pin it to the top. Maybe the other forums also start something like this.

Please don't take this as an "advertisement catalogue" but just some recommendations from CEs to other CEs.

I will start something like this:

** DC MOTORS:
- Maxon Motors offer very reliable, high quality and efficient DC motors but the prices are high. The size of the motors are very small considering the power of them.
- Pololu Motors offer hobbyist class motors. They are good for applications like small robots and stuff. They offer a wide variety of size and power.

**BEARINGS:
- SKF offers high quality and wide variety of bearings. Small, large, different mountings or even polymer bearings.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# That sounds like a good plan to me. I think this discussion can act as the space for the same.
    All those who think they can chip in some value with your recommendations for mechanical & electrical engineering products can please go ahead and contribute in replies.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    PM DC MOTORS:
    - Rotomag Motors are best in class, and the prices are competetive. Datasheets are easily avai;able on the net.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone I'm new here and I was wondering if anybody could help me. I need to design a rack and pinion gear train at work and I am having...
CEan @Ankita Katdare wrote a new VoiCE post today on 'MIT Developed Solar Cell' and it seems to be attracting a ton of traffic from United States, UAE and India....
Dell has launched its new Venue tablets in India with Dell Venue 7, Venue 8, Venue 8 Pro and Venue 11 Pro. Out of these 4 tablets, the Venue 7...
Hello everyone I am currently in final year of B.Tech and want to pursue the DESD from acts pune. I want to do we have any specific course material or...
Samsung's Galaxy S5 is already making it to the rumor treadmill with the technological advances it's going to offer. The leaks so far include a new kind of fast charging...