A Box full of Kisses

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree. Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy."

The man was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found out the box was empty. He yelled at her, stating, "Don't you know, when you give someone a present, there is supposed to be something inside? The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and cried, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty at all. I blew kisses into the box. They're all for you, Daddy."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.

Only a short time later, an accident took the life of the child. It is also told that her father kept that gold box by his bed for many years and, whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each one of us, as humans beings, have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses... from our children, family members, friends, and God. There is simply no other possession, anyone could hold, more precious than this.

For more stories ..have a look of this link
#-Link-Snipped-#

[/FONT]

Replies

• cooltwins
    cooltwins
    awesome story...
    really touching
  • gohm
    gohm
    wow, really good.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Very nice story!!
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    a sensitive but nice story...
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Nice one...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Every time CEoM is announced, we received private messages from members asking for criteria for picking up the CEoM. Through this post, I'll try to explain the initiative a...
I hope most of you Guys are familiar with the concept of linked list,tress in c++ in all these each node point to next element ...now these nodes may not...
Calling all crazy engineers. Here is the situation. My brother (John) and I had a debate (OK, an argument) about whether a pipe from a dam on the hill would...
Look here: A New Year's gift to Engadget readers: 3 minutes of Woz -- Engadget The really crazy engineer who changed the world. Those who don't know Mr. Wozniak, let...
This ad was created by participants of the WAD at JIT Nagpur. Check out the ad that follows the presentation - Ad Campaigning - Pigamento Glue!!! I had a good...