6 stroke engine

I am a mechanical engineering student and wish to know how a 6 stroke engine works. I would appreciate any help from the experts. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Did you search the forums?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yep, do a search as we've chatted about these previously. Then if you have any ideas or qustions please post it!
  • Owusu Buabeng
    Owusu Buabeng
    A six stroke engine is an engine having 6 cylinders (ie six combustion chambers). Each cykinder is connected to the crank shaft. it has different firing order for the cylinders ensuring a continuos supply of power and a relief of mechanical stresses on the engine.
  • prabakarnaidu
    prabakarnaidu
    Is a 6 stroke engine a V6 engine?
  • gohm
    gohm
    No, a v-6 is a engine configuration with cylinders (six of them) in a "v" formation. Stroke refers to the cycle of the combustion process. Most engines are 4 stroke (or 4 cycle). there are also 2 stroke engineswhich are fairly common. A 6 stroke engine adds another complete movement of the piston to a standard four stroke. Usually it involves water/steam to both cool the cylinder and also provide more power. Do a search in this forum as we've discussed it previously as well.
  • prabakarnaidu
    prabakarnaidu
    Thankz for the info gohm!
  • ilu_arya58
    ilu_arya58
    some one give me idea to see it pls!!😒
  • anand017
    anand017
    thanks Owusu Buabeng,
    Information provided by u was really useful . but i think is no where related to NUMBER OF CYLINDER.....and one of the doubt that i have is about its working... i am not much clear with it... so please provide me some sites or video...
    thanks...
  • anand017
    anand017
    ilu_arya58
    some one give me idea to see it pls!!😒
    What idea u want dude????
  • gaganjot singh
    gaganjot singh
    actually i want to kno abt the timing in 6 stroke engine for the additonal 2 strokes...........how will it work
  • rubyking
    rubyking
    gohm
    No, a v-6 is a engine configuration with cylinders (six of them) in a "v" formation. Stroke refers to the cycle of the combustion process. Most engines are 4 stroke (or 4 cycle). there are also 2 stroke engineswhich are fairly common. A 6 stroke engine adds another complete movement of the piston to a standard four stroke. Usually it involves water/steam to both cool the cylinder and also provide more power. Do a search in this forum as we've discussed it previously as well.
    Cyclic process is one with the same initial and final conditions. So, a 4 stroke engine consists of 2 cycles and not 4 cycles.
  • sajidkhan08
    sajidkhan08
    6 stroke engine is nothing to do with the number of cylinders,
    even a single cylinder engine can be a 6 stroke,
    like four stroke engine need not have four cylinders.
    the number of times piston moves in chamber defines the number of strokes
  • skstheking
    skstheking
    ya dude its just show no. of cylinder is used
  • sameer khurana
    sameer khurana
    actully dear there r only 4 stroke
    suction,compresion,expention n thn exhaust
    how v can increase these stroke
    if there is an idea thn plz share wt me.

• sameer khurana
    sameer khurana
    u can see on
    h#-Link-Snipped-#

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    New members - avoid using SMS text in your posts.
  • pa1
    pa1
    a six stroke engine has 6 stroke in which first 4 stroke sare simmilar to tat of a normal 4-s engine and additional 2 stroke are added to it.
    The six-stroke engine has six-strokes, i.e., six to and fro movements of the piston. Out of these six strokes there are two power strokes per cycle, which results in producing more power by the engine. Since the six-stroke engine introduced here has two combustion processes in one cycle, it offers new methods of combustion control which can't be attained in an ordinary four-stroke engine.
  • vb_austin
    vb_austin
    it"s very simple in working..
    from a four stroke engine after the exhaust is about to be completed supply fresh air or
    water is supplied due to expansion of steam the piston produces another power stroke..
    this reduces the fuel consumption by 40%..this was velozeta and crower's six stroke engine...
  • vvishwaskumar
    vvishwaskumar
    u can go with google for the videos of six stroke engine animated working and its construction and assembly...youtube..
  • Sarfaraz Khan
    Sarfaraz Khan
    a six stroke engine may have any number of cylinders having six steps to complete one cycle i.e Intake,compression,ignition(expansion) and exhaust...in four stroke these processes are carried out in four steps and in two stroke these are completed in two steps.a six stroke engine may be more effecient with better cooling,less wear less noise but the power out put may be less..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys please suggest some good topics for doing project in the final year.. of engineering.. kindly suggest........😒
hi guys just wondering if anyone has some sort of data on the recent experiments going on with NextGen Internet technology i.e Scientists have developed what they claim is a...
i wrote the following code snippet in Visual C++ 6.0 #include "h1.h" int main() { cout<<"\nHello \n"; printf("\nWelcome!!!"); return 0; } strange thing is that "welcome" gets displayed first and...
I'm a B.Tech final yr student in civil engg. Can anyone suggest me some topics for my final yr project, preferably in structural engineering? Are there any websites from where...
What is the best textbook for Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design( that which involves domes, water tanks etc.) ?