4 wire kelvin test

when measuring very low resistance(miliohm), it is necessary to perform 4 wire test in order to get an accurate reading. However, can opamp(comparator) provide a better accuracy when come to resitance comparison?(ie does opamp able to differentiate a 11miliohm and 10miliohm resistor? provided using the same amount of current supply to the resistor). since the open loop gain of an opamp can reach 1x10^6 which suggest it capable to amplify a very small value to a significant value.
Theoretically, it should working but anyone know does it applicable even in practical?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Theoretically all is well but not practically

Whenever you have an Opamp the paramters required to fix it to work with 100% efficiency are really tedious to meet

No device is 100% efficient But you can approximately differentiate the values of resistors But finding exact value with 741 is not possible in any practical scenario

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So we've had an eventful September 2013! We're excited to announce three winners of the CEoM contest - CEoM September 2013 : @SarathKumar Chandrasekaran First Runner : @Satya Swaroop Dash...
It looks like the industry and education disconnect in India is hurting almost everyone involved. The industry seems to be constantly complaining about the general lack of high quality engineers...
We folks are all a bunch of engineers with passion for technology and science. When it comes to sports, we'll have mixed feelings about each sport and it's competitiveness in...
I stumbled upon a new (apparently) technology for close distance data transfers - called 'TransferJet'. The technology promises to offer speeds up to 560 Mbps (375 Mbps data throughput) at...
how to study power electronics ?? i am preparing for gate.. i just cant understand how to start and proceed?? [please some one guide me.. thank you