32-Bit Windows 7 installation via USB

i have to install windows 7 with usb for my 32 bit system...so for this i have to make iso image file....i have power iso 047 ....so how can make iso image file....

Replies

• xero
    xero
    the idea of making your usb stick a windows 7 installer doesn't involve lot of software. All you need is a bootable disc / image which you have. Following are the steps

1. backup usb stick (will be formatted in the due process)
    2. clean usb stick and create primary partition and activate it -
    a. open windows command prompt in administrator mode
    b. drive/folder> diskpart
    c. DISKPART> LIST DISK . Note down the disk number of the usb stick e.g. Disk 1
    d. DISKPART> SELECT DISK 1
    e. DISKPART> CLEAN
    f. DISKPART> CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
    g. DISKPART> SELECT PARTITION 1
    h. DISKPART> ACTIVE
    i. DISKPART> FORMAT FS=NTFS
    j. DISKPART> ASSIGN
    k. DISKPART> EXIT

(you are not yet done with the command prompt)

Since you have ISO image, either you need a virtual drive to insert the image, if you have one, good enough.. otherwise try Daemon Tools, or extract the iso contents in a folder.

Assuming your virtual drive is on with the iso image inserted, i'll considering following;
    A. your drive letter for USB STICK is E:
    B. your drive letter for virtual drive with inserted iso image is F:

3. drive/folder> f: cd BOOT
    4. f:\BOOT\> BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 E:

this will write the bootsector information in your usb stick

5. copy all the contents from the virtual drive or extracted image folder onto your usb stick.. and voila.. you are good to go 😀

Regards

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ramp up function is preferred to start pumps over quick start. i have read that this is to avoid the danger of water hammer. exactly how does this cause water...
i need idea for teleCommunication Latest Project for Final Year Students 2012
hi,,,i m Electrical engineer. I want to do C DAc...is good for trical? plz help me...
can somebody suggest me some very good books available to understand the sound system?
There has been some confusion about the pattern of the question papers, number of question papers, duration etc. about the JEE Mains and JEE Advanced Exams to be conducted in...