2900 rpm instead of 1440rpm motor

what will be the current drawn if we use same kw rating but different rpm motor??

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What has RPM to do with current? Torque will increase as speed decreases. At the same line voltage if the current changes, will the power rating remain the same?
  • rahul7580
    rahul7580
    bioramani
    What has RPM to do with current? Torque will increase as speed decreases. At the same line voltage if the current changes, will the power rating remain the same?
    sir,
    pump design is @1440 rpm but motor connected later is 2900rpm 15 kw. so definately linw current drawn will be around 60 to 70 pc more then wht 1440 rpm 15kw motor.wht will be the effect on pumping application and motor that i wanted to know??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If the pump is designed for 1440 RPM and consumes 15 KW, connecting a 15 KW 2900 RPM motor to it will severely overload the motor and cause a burn out.
  • Mahesh Manekar
    Mahesh Manekar

If the pump is designed for 2900 rpm with 7.5 kw motor and we want to run the pump in 1440 rpm with 7.5 kw motor what will be the result

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Four Indian scientiest Sridevi Vedula Sarma, Pawan Sinha, Parag A Pathak and Biju Parekkadanhad been bestowed with the highest honour in field of Engineering and science, by the US Government...
Global electronic equipment maker Cisco has won an unconditional EU regulatory approval n for its multi billion ($5) takeover deal for television software developer king 'NDS'. This is the largest...
Bezeq Telecommunication Co. Ltd.; an Israeli company today launched Bezeq Free Wi-Fi: a public Wi-Fi service. This is first of its kind in Israel. This new service will give consumers...
friend i need the themes for electrical enginrg pls give me some awesome themes ;so that i can prepare for our dept funtn ;its my duty now
I wonder whether company laying off employees quoting 'non availability of project', 'cost-cutting' etc. is justified. If company can't find a project for the employee - is it employee's fault...