2048 - How to win? Tips & Tricks

Stumbled upon this totally addictive game. Trust me, it does not look addictive but I bet a few moves into the game and you would have that 'never give up' attitude kick in. I've just spent last 15 minutes trying to get 2048; but couldn't go beyond 256 πŸ˜”. I'm starting this discussion to get opinions, tips and tricks on how to win 2048 game.

All you need is the arrow keys of your keyboard to move the tiles. When two tiles having similar number touch each other; they add-up.

Link: 2048

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Looks interesting. Rather tied up shall revert in time.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I got maximum 512 !
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    someone has already comeup with an AI to solve the game, neverthless when I ran it, the max tile formed is of value 1024. But ,a very very informative discussion about the algorithm is going over in stackoverflow ..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    someone has already comeup with an AI to solve the game, neverthless when I ran it, the max tile formed is of value 1024. But ,a very very informative discussion about the algorithm is going over in stackoverflow ..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Read the logic and I had tried to play with the same strategy; but couldn't really go beyond 512 (max number on a tile).
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    The max I reached was 512 too, but i felt that was only due to my inability to see through the steps in advance.. I followed a logic such as, when I have a tile valued x, I leave it there and start making tile valued x/2, and so on and add then as i proceed the game
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Awesome game.. πŸ‘
    I am rusting on 256 πŸ˜–
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I got to 1024. πŸ˜› Very close to finishing the game. Almost done but i got a bit sloppy. I m sure i will crack it today.

Screenshot_2
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Have been trying it out for past few days. Maximum I reached till 1024. This game is going to be end of me!
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Next target is 2048...

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Total luck this -img2048
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Total luck this -img2048
    Awesome....good work, man!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Respect, man! I'm stuck at 1024. Did you play with any specific strategy?

I noticed that if I keep all the big numbers at the bottom (left or right), I can get to 1024 easily. But if you use 'UP' moves a lot; you'll end up at about 512 and the game will be over soon.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Respect, man! I'm stuck at 1024. Did you play with any specific strategy?
    Didn't employ any different strategy. The only one was - keeping the big numbers (128 and onwards) at any specific corner for as long as I can.

I believe I simply got lucky in this game. πŸ˜€ Played it 10-15 times more since this, haven't been able to reach 2048 again. 1024 is the sweet spot I hit maximum.
    People have actually developed some algorithms for this game on their blogs. Referring them all now.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Another addictive game - DOTS. Personal best so far is 330. πŸ‘
    People have registered scores over 900! [HASHTAG]#ChallengeAccepted[/HASHTAG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Another addictive game - DOTS. Personal best so far is 330. πŸ‘
    People have registered scores over 900! [HASHTAG]#ChallengeAccepted[/HASHTAG]
    Dots got more challenging after the latest updates. I gave up playing dots about a month ago. It wastes too much of time. πŸ˜”
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    This is it. Finally there. 😁

Screenshot_2014-03-27-21-41-51
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Challenge Accomplished AAAANNND Game uninstalled 😁 😁 😁
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# :

I noticed that if I keep all the big numbers at the bottom (left or right), I can get to 1024 easily. But if you use 'UP' moves a lot; you'll end up at about 512 and the game will be over soon.
    It doesn't actually matter if you use or don't UP moves. However if you are stacking them in corner array fashion, you will have to lose one move. Depending on the corner you choose, you avoid one movement. Here I avoided UP moves and stacked numbers in descending order in snake fashion.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    With 6 attempts I reached 1024 last night and then it was 'game over' πŸ˜”
    The only trick I used was putting all the blocks at the bottom of the square. If you never let the biggest addition block leave the last row, you'll reach 1024 very easily.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Stuck at 256 ! 😳😴

Update: Got 512!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am stuck at 1024 + 512. Never go beyond that.
    Must. Crack. It. Soon. 😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Success!

2048-win
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    And though I am a late latif, here's mine! 😁 😁😁

Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 10.29.07 AM
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Most of us seem to have used the left-bottom corner trick. 😁
  • Basil John
    Basil John
    upload_2014-4-4_12-37-3

Finally 2048 !!!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    [​IMG]

Was stuck at 1024 for last 2 days. Now finally!

P.S.: New passtime at office for everyone πŸ˜›
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    [​IMG]

Was stuck at 1024 for last 2 days. Now finally!

P.S.: New passtime at office for everyone πŸ˜›
    And again! Buhahahahahaaaa!

[​IMG]

P.S: Non-corner win πŸ˜›πŸ˜
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Next Challenge: To win a 2048 in any of the center 4 tiles ONLY! πŸ‘€πŸ‘πŸ˜―πŸ˜­
  • Tuan Do
    Tuan Do
    TIP 1 - Do not use the up arrow key unless you have no moves left except that.
    TIP 2 - Always try to keep the high valued blocks in the bottom row and try to arrange the scores on the block in the descending order from to Left to right (last row) and then right to left in the second last row in the pattern
    TIP 3 - After achieving the above pattern it will be just too easy to get the 2048 tile by merging the 8 and 8 tiles to get 16, 16 and 16 tiles to get 32 and go on until you get the 2048 tile by merging the 1024 and 1024 tile.
    P/S: I usually play games at #-Link-Snipped-# 2048, this site has the 2048 version of the game as: flappy 2048, tetris 2048, 2048 hard, 1 game....
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Flappy Bird + 2048 = Whole new level of crazy!
    Here: Flappy48 by Broxxar
  • HermioneGranger
    HermioneGranger
    well.....that took me a month to do, but eventually cracked it. I don't think anyone has got that far 😁

Screenshot_2014-11-05-09-37-09
  • ANU SEKAR
    ANU SEKAR
    I reached 1876...
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Reached 1024
    upload_2014-11-6_10-38-29
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That does put all my previous records to shame!
    What spell/charm did you use? πŸ˜›πŸ˜
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# That does put all my previous records to shame!
    What spell/charm did you use? πŸ˜›πŸ˜
    Do notice the number of squares in her game and the one we played. Its different.
    #-Link-Snipped-#: show us the record with 4*4 squares
  • HermioneGranger
    HermioneGranger
    Anoop Mathew
    Do notice the number of squares in her game and the one we played. Its different.
    #-Link-Snipped-#: show us the record with 4*4 squares
    #-Link-Snipped-# - thankfully I didn't require any spell. πŸ˜€ all thanks to my boring college lectures. I would play this game for 3 continues lectures daily just to pass the time, and eventually I managed to crack it.πŸ˜‰
  • HermioneGranger
    HermioneGranger
    #-Link-Snipped-# - here it is....I didn't reach as far as 8192, coz its a bit of a challenge in a 4Γƒ—4 matrix
  • HermioneGranger
    HermioneGranger
    My trick was to keep all the heavy numbers at one side. Be it left right top or bottom....Just avoid the centre.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    reached 2048 and continuing...
  • micheal john
    micheal john

Reached 2048 and continuing...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the difference between isd 1420 and isd 1820..?? Can we replace isd 1420 with isd 1820..?? PLz help me out with this query chetan : My email id...
may i know about some sensible steering systems that will alert when the driver get collapsed any motor company implemented yet
A human wearable robot has been developed by Italian Engineers. This robot consist of parts similar to that of human body and are designed to fit a human being perfectly....
Hey everyone. I own Sony Ericsson Ray (ST18i) with android version 4.0.4. Earlier it was android version 2.0 which I upgraded to the version 4. Due to it, my phone...
Android users, here is a piece of good news for you. A special USB drive will make your task of moving files from phones or tablets to PC easier. Leef’s...