2 TB of external hard disk at rupees 6099

Hi Ceans,

Is 2 TB of external hard disk at price of 6099/- rupees is a costly one or nominal one ?
Brand "Seagate" not other brands.

Please cast your votes or by posting your comments below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks okay to me. I've a 1TB HDD from Western Digital ( Link: #-Link-Snipped-# ) that retails for just about Rs. 3799 and I'm really happy with it. Unless you've tons of movies and songs collection, 1TB is more than sufficient. I use it primarily to store photos and videos from my DSLR.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks okay to me. I've a 1TB HDD from Western Digital....... I use it primarily to store photos and videos from my DSLR.
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-#
    Any one have updates to share.?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Looking on amazon fulfilled <7K price is fine for 2Tb external HDD.
    Seagate is prone to crash without warning. I find WD is better.
    Get a HDD with password protected software, like WD my passport.
    Also, get a travel case. A good hit to HDD or drop from few feet will kill any HDD.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    While the external HDD acts as a storage; my reliance on it has dropped significantly in the last few months. I'm a big user of Google Photos and upload all my photos to it. All my important files are in Amazon AWS cloud and that's pretty much about it.

I think you'd be able to buy lot of cloud space with Rs. 7k. I'd strongly suggest looking at AWS. It's awesome!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    While the external HDD acts as a storage; my reliance on it has dropped significantly in the last few months.
    I agree. I prefer to store my photos at Google Drive (unlimited) and Dropbox, with security of 2 factor authentication.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Yes for photos and important files, cloud is good, but when it comes to movies, we have no other option. The reason i didn't go for WD is they provide 2 year warranty that is the reason they offer less price than Seagate.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    So according to votes and discussion the price 6099 rupees for 2TB seagate harddisk is nominal.?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, this is my first post here, it is about a video I made about sensors and instruments used in industry today. Here it is: Looking forward to your...
hello i want to ask question if i design using code ASCE7-10 and i want to define Eqx and Eqy and i am not from USA how i can define...
Hi, I would like to share this video with you about getting started with PIC MCUs: this is the beginning of a practical video course, so feedback is welcome.
Rifath Sharook, an 18-year old from Pallapatti town in Tamilnadu, India, has designed and fabricated what is thought to be world’s smallest and lightest satellite weighing at just 64-grams! Not...
An interesting article. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?) more often true than not. The “Jack of all trades” problem