GDPR Compliance: Our terms and conditions and privacy policy have been updated.

Gadgets & Software

2 TB of external hard disk at rupees 6099

Keerthivasan

Keerthivasan

Wed, 17 May 2017

Hi Ceans,

Is 2 TB of external hard disk at price of 6099/- rupees is a costly one or nominal one ?
Brand "Seagate" not other brands.

Please cast your votes or by posting your comments below.
Kaustubh Katdare

Kaustubh

1 year ago

Looks okay to me. I've a 1TB HDD from Western Digital ( Link: Amazon.in: Buy WD Elements 1TB USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive (Black) Online at Low Prices in India | WD Reviews & Ratings ) that retails for just about Rs. 3799 and I'm really happy with it. Unless you've tons of movies and songs collection, 1TB is more than sufficient. I use it primarily to store photos and videos from my DSLR.
Keerthivasan Ravisankar

Keerthivasan

1 year ago

Kaustubh Katdare
Looks okay to me. I've a 1TB HDD from Western Digital....... I use it primarily to store photos and videos from my DSLR.
Thanks @Kaustubh Katdare
Any one have updates to share.?
Anoop Kumar

Anoop Kumar

1 year ago

Looking on amazon fulfilled <7K price is fine for 2Tb external HDD.
Seagate is prone to crash without warning. I find WD is better.
Get a HDD with password protected software, like WD my passport.
Also, get a travel case. A good hit to HDD or drop from few feet will kill any HDD.
Kaustubh Katdare

Kaustubh

1 year ago

While the external HDD acts as a storage; my reliance on it has dropped significantly in the last few months. I'm a big user of Google Photos and upload all my photos to it. All my important files are in Amazon AWS cloud and that's pretty much about it.

I think you'd be able to buy lot of cloud space with Rs. 7k. I'd strongly suggest looking at AWS. It's awesome!
Anoop Kumar

Anoop Kumar

1 year ago

Kaustubh Katdare
While the external HDD acts as a storage; my reliance on it has dropped significantly in the last few months.
I agree. I prefer to store my photos at Google Drive (unlimited) and Dropbox, with security of 2 factor authentication.
Keerthivasan Ravisankar

Keerthivasan

1 year ago

Yes for photos and important files, cloud is good, but when it comes to movies, we have no other option. The reason i didn't go for WD is they provide 2 year warranty that is the reason they offer less price than Seagate.
Keerthivasan Ravisankar

Keerthivasan

1 year ago

So according to votes and discussion the price 6099 rupees for 2TB seagate harddisk is nominal.?

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.