$1M prize For An Artificial Intelligence Scientist

A scientist who studies ways to help machines learn like humans has received Canada's top science and engineering prize.
Geoffrey Hinton, a computer science professor at the University of Toronto, has been awarded the 2011 Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering, the federal government announced Monday morning in Ottawa.

The award named after Gerhard Herzberg, who won the 1971 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, includes a $1-million research grant over the next five years. Hinton's research is focused on understanding how collections of brain cells called neural networks can learn by changing their interactions with one another.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ever thought of becoming a network provider? Now you can be. The latest technology which is still under development is RedTacton. RedTacton is a Human Area Networking technology which uses...
I am a first year student of computer science. I have been asked to do a project using LDR (Light Dependent Resistor). I am out of ideas. can you help...
Hi all, I am presently working as testing engineer in one of the companies. My domain of working is Mobile application testing. So I would like to know how is...
[video=youtube;J41w3y2AEwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J41w3y2AEwM[/video]
Hi! I am doing my 6th semester Electronics and communication engineering in south india.I would like to go for summer trainings offered by core companies..railway, etc... I would like to...