15000 promotions @ Cognizant

Indian IT major, Cognizant is promoting over 15,000 associates (below manager level) across its global campuses. Effective May 01, 2010 the employees have assumed their new roles.

Its also being said that this is the first round of promotions and second round of promotions is about to start soon for the manager and above level employees. The company has over 78k employees.

With 15k promotions, Cognizant has become the first IT company to announce huge promotions in India. Last month Infosys had announce 7.5k promotions.

"This morning we announced global promotions for associates below the level of Manager. These promotions would be effective May 1, 2010. Cognizant's industry-leading growth over the past year has enabled promotion and career growth opportunities to a record number of employees," said Gordon Coburn, chief financial and operating officer, Cognizant in an e-mail.

Source: Infosys: Cognizant promotes 15,000 staff globally - The Economic Times

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    WOW !!! good news !!! looks like industry is reviving. Any clue about the average % increment in salaries.

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yeah , this is a wonderful news.

This helped most of the 2006 and 07 passouts in Cognizant.

Regarding the hikes the % is not yet given but the expectations are around 20 to 25 percent.!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    Yeah , this is a wonderful news.

This helped most of the 2006 and 07 passouts in Cognizant.

Regarding the hikes the % is not yet given but the expectations are around 20 to 25 percent.!
    Are you sure about the figure??... I heard on an average in Indian IT giants its not more than 10 % ๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The percentage gain is about 19 percent now. Just people got the letters today!

SO the hike is better than many other companies.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Q:Jan is baking. She needs 4 cups of sugar. Her problem is that she only has a 1/2 cup measure and a 3/4 cup measure. What is the least number...
hiiiii biggie i have a suggestion that we can view the common chat section in the forum page.when we switch into another page or if we don't scroll below to...
Hi guys, Let us discuss about some of the Interview questions based on C and C++. Here is my first question. 1) Can we pass arguments to main() in C....
Hi friends I would like to explore my knowledge on CIRCUIT,would you please give me some Books name. Thanks a lot.
hi, i am pavan from kanpur.i am studendt of b.tech c.s 3rd year.