We are developing the next version of CrazyEngineers. If you wish to receive latest updates and early access, click the link below.
Technical Marketing Director at CoreLight Inc
Corelight is an early-stage security startup based in downtown San Francisco, Santa Clara and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes ten of the Fortune 50. Based on the Zeek (formerly Bro) Network Security Monitor, a beloved and widely used open-source framework, Corelight Sensors transform high-volume network traffic into ‘rocket fuel’ for security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire and Tenable, Corelight’s unfair market advantages include its founders: the inventor of Zeek and its key open-source committers. Join Corelight, and help us make the world’s networks safer.
We are seeking a very talented, resourceful, and collaborative person to run our Technical Marketing team. This person will be assisting customers to understand our cybersecurity products. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate and committed and wants to be able to look back a year from now and say with pride, “I helped build that from the ground up.” The role covers quite varied ground both in managing and in developing content, e.g., “player/coach”. Work will include writing white papers on technical integrations with partners, crafting videos to explain technology, and staffing trade shows to demonstrate the product to prospective customers.
- Help customers improve their cybersecurity posture
- Figure out how to best highlight our product features
- Prioritize multiple projects against field and internal requirements
- Design and implement technical solutions with partners
- Understand our competitive space and how we relate
- Explain our technology and the cybersecurity space
- Present at technology trade shows around the world
- Create/maintain technical marketing collateral: evaluation guides, blogs, technical white papers, presentations, videos, & demonstrations.
- Influence others and be seen as a technical expert
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical marketing role
- Prior experience managing or as team lead
- Strong background in cybersecurity
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy experimenting with new technologies to design novel solutions
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Bro/Zeek log experience and log analysis skills are a plus
- Network administration, firewall configuration, and strong knowledge of TCP/IP
- Windows/MacOS/Linux/Unix administration experience
- Scripting in (some of) Bro/Zeek, Bash, Python, Perl, Powershell, R, etc.
- Must embrace change and love learning new things
- Highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately
- Prior startup experience strongly preferred
A Note on Experience:
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Working at Corelight:
In addition to helping to make networks safer around the world, Corelight is a great place to work. We provide competitive salaries, equity and benefits, but those are just table stakes. No matter where you’re based, we aspire to make working here one the best experiences of your career.