Smart Virtual Assistant Bot Using Voice Control with Raspberry Pi
Voice Activation and Control to Improve Human Robot Interactions with IoT Perspectives YouTube link : https://youtu.be/JVVBGBXeLHU
₹10000 · Coimbatore · Electronics-And-Communication
- A voice-controlled robot that uses artificial intelligence.
- Human voice commands are given to the robotic assistant remotely by using a smart mobile phone or a raspberry pi micro controller or a computer.
- The robot can perform different movements, displaying the temperature and humidity of the environment.
- The robot also locates an object when moving from one place to another.
- The speech signal commands converted to text form are communicated to the robot over a Wi-Fi network.
- The camera is connected to Raspberry Pi for detection of objects that is then streamed to the user’s mobile or computer.
- Used for surveillance purpose, monitor the army base, traffic monitoring and human machine interaction.
- The smart robot which is made to monitor and check the situation of your home live from remote place through the internet by google assistant and artificial intelligence
- Robot can perform basic movements, detecting temperature and humidity along with detecting objects in real time to interact with the user.
- NodeMCU controller-based voice recognition method is displayed in a smart phone.
- The trigger service is ‘Google Assistant’ and the Action will be implemented through this service.
- The input from the user is through Google Assistant.
- The raspberry pi module is used for object detection in real time and is controlled by the user’s phone or computer.
The following are the modules in the system :
- Voice Recognition Integration
- Robot Movement and Sensor Usage
- Object Detection
- Interactive Virtual Assistant
List of Deliverables
Module 1: Voice Recognition Integration
• Integrating the google assistant as a trigger to the actions on the IFTTT(If This Then That) platform through the Adafruit cloud sever.
• The Adafruit cloud server consists of the data from the device which is displayed to the user.
• Each of the commands through the Google Assistant invokes an action specified in the IFTTT platform.
Module 2: Robot Movement and Sensor Usage
• Movement of the robot based on the commands from the server.
• The temperature and humidity of the area is also displayed in the LCD by the DHT11 sensor.
• Each of the movements are executed by the driver shield that is connected to the NodeMCU unit.
• The 5V of power supply from the NodeMCU micro controller that is sufficient for the whole circuit.
• The movements are also displayed on the 16x2 LCD display unit each time when a command is issued and when the rover performs the action.
Module 3: Object detection
• Program in python language using open CV library and tensor flow on raspberry pi.
• Detecting the object given direct via programing by camera.
• Datasets are preloaded on the file and the extraction is made from the preloaded images.
• Utilization of open source equipment and that chips away at the premise of visual information caught from an ordinary camera which has a reasonable lucidity. z
Module 4: Interactive Virtual Assistant
• Alexa is also integrated into the raspberry pi module which uses speech to answer queries and respond to tasks.
• A speaker is connected to the module to enable audio streaming.
• Dynamic interactivity enabled.
• IFTTT (If This Then That) control services
• Adafruit cloud server
• Raspberry Pi
• Motor shield for NodeMCU
• LCD Display(16x2)
• Camera for raspberry pi(night vision)
• VNC viewer and Mobile SSH(client/server)
• Lithium ion battery
• DH11 sensor(temperature/humidity)
• This robot has multiple features which will give more security to any place and viewed on a mobile phone/computer.
• There are varieties of sensors for analyzing the current situation, a lot more can also be added according to the need.
• Everything can be controlled and monitored using mobile or a computer through the internet from any part of the world.
• The Voice Command System has an enormous scope in the future like Siri, Google Now and Cortana become popular in the mobile industry.