What is a Raspberry Pi good for?
People can use the Raspberry Pi in a wide variety of tasks. It’s perfect for projects where you need a computer but don’t require much processing power, want to save on space, and keep the costs low. Here’s a brief list of some ideal uses of the Pi.
- Teach kids (or yourself) how to code
- Use it as a desktop PC
- Easily make a media center with Rasplex or an always-on downloading machine
- Build a motion capture security camera or a DIY pan and tilt camera with Raspberry Pi
- Make your own retro gaming console
- You can make a world clock or an FM radio with the Pi Zero
- Put together a low-cost time-lapse photography camera with the camera module
- Create your own DIY Google Home