Which software testing certification is the best one for getting a job?
I heard there are these top 5 certifications for software testing professionals:
- QTP & Quality Center Certification
- Loadrunner Certification
Which one of these certifications is best for freshers to get started in the IT Industry? Which certification has the best opportunities?
For any software engineer who wants better opportunities, ISTQB is a must these days. It shows your commitment to the field. For automation, there are several tools coming up in the market; but SELENIUM continues to be the hot favorite of the industry.
I just took a look at software testing job vacancies and found these -
HP LoadRunner-L3 Certification:
- Wipro Test Engineer - Performance Testing | CrazyEngineers
- Advanto - Need Weekend Trainer for Etl/performance/security Testing | CrazyEngineers
- Capgemini - Job Opening for Performance Testing with Loadrunner @ Capgemini, Pune | CrazyEngineers
- Harjai Computers Private LimitedNeed Manual Tester (ISTQB Certification) for Mumbai (Ghansoli) Contact Swapnil: 9594976118 /swapnil@ | CrazyEngineers
Need Manual Tester (ISTQB Certification) for Mumbai (Ghansoli) Contact Swapnil: 9594976118 /swapnil@ | CrazyEngineers
- Software Engineer | CrazyEngineers
One thing is clear that these certifications are definitely in demand in the job market.
The three most important software testing certification any tester should go for are :
- Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) from ISTQB, the International Software Testing Qualifications Board
- Certified Software Tester (CSTE) from Software Certifications (a division of the Quality Assurance Institute)
- Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP) from International Institute for Software Testing
Well, best in industry is still ISTQB software testing certification organization based on the number of certificates awarded by them.
ISTQB recently reports more than 570,000 software testing certifications globally, while CSTE has less than 20% of ISTQB’s industry usage, and CSTP has less than 5% of ISTQB’s industry usage.
A couple of my friends did the CSTE training right after the final year exams and that definitely gave them the edge over others in the off campus placements. They are both placed in good companies now.
i believe that, to get into testing field, you dont need any certifications as long as you have knowledge and passion. You can learn on your own. In this way you get more doubts and digging those doubts will deeper your knowledge. sell your skills to the interviewer and how you obtained those. this will show the interviewer your zeal to learn. this is what companies crave for.