Software Testing Squad
All About Software Testing In One Place!
Join this group to post and comment.
23 Jan 2019
What are the roles and resposibilities of an SDET?
Does the skills and responsibilities of SDET vary with different companies?
Roles And Responsibilities of a SDET
- Coding/Programming : must be extraordinary with coding skills,should know to build and test product that can meet user expectations
- Engineer: they know many programming languages, database concepts
- SDET should able to perform Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web, Mobile, and Desktop.
- Able to build different test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
- SDET needs to handle technical communications with Partners to understand client's systems or APIs.
- SDET also work with deployments teams and resolving any level issues for the system.
- SDET should also able to set up, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks.