How to write test cases
A Test Case is defined as a set of actions executed to verify a particular feature or functionality of the software application.
Testcase should include following information
- The description of what requirement is being tested
- The explanation of how the system will be tested
- Inputs and outputs or actions and expected results
- Any proofs or attachments
- Use active case language
- Test Case should not be more than 15 steps
I'm thinking of creating a test cases template. What say? Should it be an excel template or a Word Doc?
Many organizations create test cases in Microsoft Excel while some in Microsoft Word. I used to create in excel.