Project Idea for Computer Science: GPS Based Auto Fare Mobile Application

Many people in India daily face problems in commuting through auto-rickshaws due to false fare claims by the rickshaw drivers.

It would be great if you develop an application that dynamically calculates the distance traveled using Global Positioning System (GPS) and hence the fare due.

This project will enable the commuter to get accurate fare from auto-rickshaws.

It can be started as one enters the auto-rickshaw and the meter in the phone will run alongside the auto’s meter.
Using the GPS, it can double-check the distance traveled as shown in the auto and calculate the exact fare.

Does the idea appeal to you? I am sure it will be of great help if the application is developed for all kinds of Mobile OS.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi i intend to work on a project where i find the energy consumed by each device of a house/office and give it to a Computer so that user may...
At CE, we follow use of proper English language (instead of SMS language or slangs). But many-a-times, I stumble across basic English grammar mistakes used by CEans. I am trying...

Jto

which book is best for JTO exam ?
Sandpaper is used in smoothing rough surfaces. Other than than that it is used in drawing. Here are some of my works:
earth acts as a conductor for dc but not for ac.. this statement is correct i know but can anyone elaborate it furthur.. i am not getting its explaination and...