Traffic Signal Design-Matlab

I need help creating a Gui that can optimize traffic signal timings for a set of traffic lights at the intersection of two roads. The goal is to minimize the average wait time.

The program should accept user-inputs for the traffic flow (cars/minute) in two, perpendicular directions.

E-mail me back at

Thank you

Replies

• Predictor
    Predictor
    Joga1229
    I need help creating a Gui that can optimize traffic signal timings for a set of traffic lights at the intersection of two roads. The goal is to minimize the average wait time.

The program should accept user-inputs for the traffic flow (cars/minute) in two, perpendicular directions.
    Which part do you need help with? The traffic optimization or the MATLAB GUI? What have you completed so far?
  • Joga1229
    Joga1229
    the traffic optimization, like the equations to use because i can program the GUI, i just need to know how to setup the optimization

The program should output green light timings(sec), average wait time, and flow capacity(cars/minute) for each road
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Joga: Could you share your current efforts, the program you have tried on your own so far?
  • Joga1229
    Joga1229
    I have the program ready to go, but i don't think im using the right equations to minimize the average wait time. All i want to know is what equations that are better suited for this program.

The program should output the green light timings (in seconds) for each road as well as the average wait time and the flow capacity of the junction (in total cars per hour). I want to know which equations are the best for each circumstance
  • charlsoft
    charlsoft
    Traffic flow simulation - Matlab

Hi crazy engineers, i need help with developing a matlab program for traffic flow control on an signalized intersection and i don't know where to start, have looked in some matlab book but am still stuck. Anyone with ideas...
  • jamesdukee
    jamesdukee
    Joga! you should share your source for make us understand for your help level.. if you put it here, we can discuss it for best algorithm and proper gui..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i'm student of EEE(2'nd year)😀, i would like to do some projects..i don't have any idea on which topic i can do ma project😕.. i don't have that much...
Hello CEans, I want tutorials for deform 2d & 3d. 😔
hay anybody would help in coding "testing pin of mouse" i want to test pins of mouse through c programming.:shock:
i'm doing a design about photodiode 4um x 0.8um using sentaurus tcad software with linux as an interface. i have the coding and result should get. but i dont know...
Note: This document deals with working on selenium using RUBY language and its editor , more articles on using JAVA and Eclipse coming soon. Selenium is an open source testing...