Cryptography Project Topics Needed .

Hi friends , can some of you please list some project topics based on Cryptography ; not too tough but on the easier side ? I am a final year IT student and I need to do this project . Please someone list some topics , I am waiting .....:-|

Replies

• Crypto
    Crypto
    Hi friends , can some of you please list some project topics based on Cryptography ; not too tough but on the easier side ? I am a final year IT student and I need to do this project . Please someone list some topics , I am waiting .....:neutral:
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    [FONT="]Hi [/FONT]Crypto
    Try this topic [FONT="]โ€œPUBLIC KEY CRYPTOGRAPHYโ€
    [/FONT]
    In this u can explain
    Introduction to public key cryptography.Itโ€™s need and advantages over secret key cryptogrophy.Key management problem in secret key cryptosystem is solved by public key cryptography. RSA standards provide method for asymmetric key encryption. RSAES-OAEP , specific algorithm, uses RSA standards for encryption .It is explained in brief with its premitives.OAEP technique uses the concept of padding the hashed ( coded ) text by some random bits. This will strengthen the cryptosystem against various attacks. Padding of bits to encrypted data prevents the attack that uses method of prediction.

i think it will help u
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    There are some projects based on cryptography--
    1. Building a secure website CA (Certificate Authority), it requires asymmetric key encryption & basic knowledge of linux, you also need to know how to configure apache & dns servers. For futher information google it.
    2. you can demonstrate working of ssh which uses asymmetric key encryption, the public key is shared between users while private key is kept secret. This also requires basic knowledge of linux. Use google if you have any type of problem.
  • Crypto
    Crypto
    Guys ...can you provide some topics that involve creation of some application based on cryptography ? Like secure-cash ...and something like that ? Something that uses cryptography ....
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    building a CA is example of that !
  • Crypto
    Crypto
    The problem is I dont have good knowledge of Linux . I was expecting some simple application development ...something like cryptographic chatbox or secure file transfer ...something like that !
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    If you have some programming skill in vb.net or java, then you can develop projects such as chat application, email service in a local network having use of encryption. i mean data is transmitted in encryted format from one pc to another.
  • Crypto
    Crypto
    Exactly ....I was thinking something like that ...I have a good knowledge of Java and thats why I was thinking of developing a serure chatbox that uses cryptography . Do you think it will be good ...I mean will it be acceptable enough ? And one more thing ...I was thinking of developing a secure file transfer also with this chatbox inbuilt with it actually ...can you give me some hints or provide me some ideas how to proceed with that thing ..I mean the secure file transfer thing ?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    I did such things in vb.net. Just you need to understand the classes that will be used for encryption in java & how it is used, try google for it. Doing symmetric encryption is easier than asymmetric one. Just you need to do use a shared key between between pcs communicating, & this shared key will be used to encrypt your message from one side & decrypt the data on other side.
    Project is OK.
    Issue of acceptability depends on your college & teachers & students level. Perhaps you should consult your senior for this!
  • Crypto
    Crypto
    Thanks for your reply ....and one more thing ...I was thinking of developing a secure file transfer thing along with chatting ...any idea how this could be implemented with java ? Please ...I am waiting ....๐Ÿ˜’
  • Ankur Singh
    Ankur Singh

plz tell about the c++ used cryptography project

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wishing many happy returns of the day to CEan SilverScropion! ๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
Very happy Birthday to CEan Silenthorde! ๐Ÿ˜ May your dreams come true ๐Ÿ˜ ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
what is a bipolar device? i know that conduction is due to two types of charges but how both + & - can be responsible..i feel that there is some...
Is there an ethical difference between browsing through someoneโ€™s computer files and browsing through someone's desk drawer?
Many more Happy returns of the day dileep. Enjoy your Birthday. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜