Lecture # 4 : Use Common Sense

We are an educated tribe πŸ˜€ !

We (yes, you are included in 'we') believe in Common Sense! We believe that Common Sense can do wonders and everyone posseses good amount of Common Sense!

Here are a few pointers from Common Sense guide developed by CEans for the New CEans -

CCS#1. Before starting a new thread, have a look at existing threads. You can use the search facility. Please use a title (subject) that describes your thread appropriately. Avoid using special characters to draw attention.
CCS#2. Be nice to everyone. Refrain from making sarcastic comments, posts. Also avoid using anything objectionable in your signature & avatar. Such signatures/avatars will be deleted immediately. If your post/thread gets edited/deleted/locked, do not get angry. Nothing personal about it.
CCS#3. Avoid slangs in posts. Also avoid placing dots in between words. Take your time to write β€˜great’ instead of β€˜gr8’. Please use good english. It creates a good impression.
CCS#4. The language of the forums is *English*. Avoid using other languages to make posts or replies. Go Easy on CAPS . It serves no purpose.
CCS#5. Use PM (Private Messaging) facility if and only if necessary. No spamming on PMs.
CCS#6. Try to avoid ctrl+c & ctrl+v. If you do, please mention the source (link) from where you copied the contents.
CCS#7. Use the font color/size which makes your post readable.
CCS#8. Do not advertise. It is okay to use links in your signature.
CCS#9. Please note that this is *our* forum. Let us keep it clean & make it more useful.
CCS#10. Do not enter invalid/unused email address while registering. We won't flood your mailbox with unwanted mails. Only important announcements/newsletters will be delivered to your mailbox.
CCS#11. A strict NO for illegal activities, harassment of any kind. Complaints (if any), should be reported to admin {at} crazyengineers {dot} com
-The Big K-

Replies

• uraj
    uraj
    Hi, crazy engineers
  • hussainv1
    hussainv1
    educated tribe...hmmm...me too πŸ˜›
  • ccsraj
    ccsraj
    The_Big_K
    We are an educated tribe πŸ˜€ !

We (yes, you are included in 'we') believe in Common Sense! We believe that Common Sense can do wonders and everyone posseses good amount of Common Sense!

Here are a few pointers from Common Sense guide developed by CEans for the New CEans -

-The Big K-
    Kind instructions to begineers like me.Thank you we will follow it.
  • namita_t
    namita_t
    hello big-k and all other cool CEans. Having joined today only, i was a little apprehensive about it(of course, there were no ques. about the cool quotient of CE!).But the lectures proved to be an effective orientation for a newcomer like me. looking forward to a great time..πŸ˜€

proud to be a !!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    namita_t
    hello big-k and all other cool CEans. Having joined today only, i was a little apprehensive about it(of course, there were no ques. about the cool quotient of CE!).But the lectures proved to be an effective orientation for a newcomer like me. looking forward to a great time..πŸ˜€

proud to be a !!
    Thank you namita πŸ˜€

The only reason why we have lectures in place is to have everyone understand that we are read by coolest, best, craziest engineers from all over the world. Our team includes engineers from all walks of life. You all are smart; need I explain my point?

Enjoy CE, change the world & tell your friends about CE 😁

Way to go, CEans!

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Two VERY important places to learn about forums and posting! They will help you invaluably and improve the chances of someone replying.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Posting And You...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    ahahaha, that Flash about posting was hilarious man.
  • jacselva
    jacselva
    Hi big K
    I am a new member, reading these lectures made me proud. After all Engineers have more common sense.
    let us make this useful to our community.

jacselva
  • ambuja 28
    ambuja 28
    hi i am a electronics and telecommunication engg.i am in 2nd year thank you to all of you
  • ambuja 28
    ambuja 28
    I WANT TO PREPAIR DIGITAL PROJECT PLEASE GIVE ME THE TIPS AND SUBJECT TO PREPAIR THE PROJECTπŸ˜’πŸ˜πŸ˜•
  • gaurav.frhs
    gaurav.frhs
    Hello everybody,
    My name is Gaurav Sharma. I am an HMIS(Health Management Information System) developer. As today only I have joined this site, I found these lectures far more useful and this would be a good platform for all of us, ofcourse if people follow these rules.
    Thank you Big_K.
  • crook
    crook
    gaurav.frhs
    Hello everybody,
    My name is Gaurav Sharma. I am an HMIS(Health Management Information System) developer. As today only I have joined this site, I found these lectures far more useful and this would be a good platform for all of us, ofcourse if people follow these rules.
    Thank you Big_K.
    welcome to CE friend! These lectures make sure that we keep our standard high.
  • Surjyoti Bagchi
    Surjyoti Bagchi
    crook
    welcome to CE friend! These lectures make sure that we keep our standard high.
    HELLO I M S.S.BAGCHI WISH TO SAY SOMETHING ON FLY ASH ,BUT I AM NOT CONVERSENT WITH CE.PLEASE GUIDE ME.
    S.S.BAGCHI
    NAGPUR
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ssbagchi
    HELLO I M S.S.BAGCHI WISH TO SAY SOMETHING ON FLY ASH ,BUT I AM NOT CONVERSENT WITH CE.PLEASE GUIDE ME.
    S.S.BAGCHI
    NAGPUR
    Hello,

We would love to hear about Fly Ash from you. Please start a new discussion in CE's Chemical Engineering Section with an appropriate title. If you have any specific questions about CrazyEngineers, feel free to ask them in our CE Newbie Training Section.

Welcome to CE and I hope you will enjoy interacting with craziest brains from the world of Engineering. Please do tell your friends/colleagues about CrazyEngineers.

-The Big K-
  • panchal
    panchal
    Hello to all,
    Feels good to become a part of the CE. Just became a member today. I finally found a place where (hopefully) I will be able to explore some of the crazy ideas that go through engineers across the world. Excited to explore CE.
  • mahul
    mahul
    hey _k i must admit that i find it very difficult to stick ur guidelines( though i appreciate them very much) after all that sms n' chat texts i type every day.
    Thanks for never having warned me and i hope u would allow me to continue with in future.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    hey _k i must admit that i find it very difficult to stick ur guidelines( though i appreciate them very much) after all that sms n' chat texts i type every day.
    Thanks for never having warned me and i hope u would allow me to continue with in future.
    Mahul,

Although majority of CE's members are from India, we are not an Indian forum. We are read by people from around the world and therefore, English is the language of forum.

Regarding usage of SMS text in posts - its about self-discipline. SMS text is a big turn-off for most of the senior professionals who visit our website which in-turn is not good for us.

All said & done, SMS text is not going to help you in your professional life (Would you write your resume in SMS text?). There is no differentiation among our members. It goes beyond my capabilities to take a look at each & every post on CE and probably we'll have Forum Mods. I'd be happy if you help us maintain the protocol & encourage others to do the same.

-The Big K-
  • mahul
    mahul
    sure _k, i am trying my best.
  • megidal
    megidal
    I can fairly relate to the word "Tribe". Where I'm from, engineering students are called Warriors! Looks like i found a great group to join! =)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    megidal
    I can fairly relate to the word "Tribe". Where I'm from, engineering students are called Warriors! Looks like i found a great group to join! =)
    Haha, yep! You're in the right group of crazy warriors! 😁 I hope you'll enjoy CE and help us spread the word!
  • munayan
    munayan
    hello everyone ,
    i hereby join this work platform of crazy yet sagacious popping heads !!!
    this is my first post .. just to say cheers guys ..
    😁
  • saurabh
    saurabh
    Ok. I will surely follow it. Thanks!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    hi everyone
    i just joined CE today and was a bit worried about the lectures. I thought they are going to be some strict rules or something. By the way this looks like a great place to hang out. I was reading some of the posts in the forum. I think i am going to ENJOY here.
    Prateek Varma
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, there aren't any rules as such. Just that we have a protocol which is very simple & easy and common sense based.

We need to follow a protocol because we have engineers from around the world who read the forums. Many of them are experienced professionals. It makes sense for all of us to to be professional yet funny community.

πŸ˜€

Do not forget to introduce yourself in our introductions section
  • azad sharma
    azad sharma
    its new begning as crazy engnieer
  • tennnine
    tennnine
    i loved the place....feels like an orientation day...πŸ˜‰
  • codingcrazy
    codingcrazy
    Hello to everyone here. This place seems to be great(and with lots of common sense).I joined today and will probably get used to it soon. hoping to meet many more crazy engineers here.
  • morecrazythanu
    morecrazythanu
    Warriors!! Really megidal? That's cool you know may be we will use that term for our college team.
    But this lecture was nice. We may be an educated forum but sometimes the most brightest of minds tend to overlook the CS factor. But now whenever we forget that we will be reminded of these 11 commandments.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    People say that laws are meant to be broken but do not try this theory here. We have a devil's agent here named ASH who will make short your existing in CEπŸ˜”. I hope he is not lurking around right now :shifty:.
    Just kidding, but seriously it will be really appreciated if people stick to the rules.
    Become a good
  • Bidyut Banerjee
    Bidyut Banerjee
    Hello CE adm.,
    The lectures are good & helpfull. Still let me know any answer to my quiries if any will directly be given to e-mail ID or the same will only be found through the threads?

Thanks,

__ Bidyut
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are no email ids involved. We keep the discussions open to all. Interaction happens only through forums.
  • mata
    mata
    hiiiiiiiii guys..............this is my first post.i hae joined ce recently.........very eager to learn new things..............hoping to enjoy wid u ol
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mata - Take a look at the Common Sense Guide before you post further. πŸ˜€ Click on the following link ->

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • sadhana14
    sadhana14
    hello,
    looking forward to learning a lot from fellow CEans.
  • AnkitaDeshpande
    AnkitaDeshpande
    I agree.

Common sense is not very uncommon amongst the engineers.

so lets spread it everywhere.
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    that should be noted by all CEans
  • Rajendra Talwar
    Rajendra Talwar
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Hi everyone out there. I wish all my fellow CEans a very happy time ahead.

Thanks
  • jvivin1990
    jvivin1990
    i am a new 'ce'an . registered with lot of dreams😁&with full of enthu
  • jvivin1990
    jvivin1990
    i am eager to get new friends.πŸ˜‰ if u too mail me . waiting for that...:smile:
  • nfahmie
    nfahmie
    huhuhuhi new menber....who cn help me on image processing
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Closing the thread because we've been getting responses that are not supposed to be here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Would you enjoy reading unformatted text? Would you like to read text which has long trails of dots in it? Would you like to read text in very big/very...
Slang & SMS equivalents of English words! Shall we blame the social networking websites? Before we begin, let us understand the company you are in. At the time of writing...
Hello New CEans! CrazyEngineers is read everyday by Engineers from all over the world. Engineers from various trades, countries & cultures log into CrazyEngineers to share ideas & participate in...
I'm sure the question must have popped up in your mind. Let me answer it here- CrazyEngineers is still a young community. While restructuring the CE forums, the initial plan...
Welcome To CE Labs πŸ˜€ ! CrazyEngineers labs is a place for CE - Projects & cross trade discussions. Crazy Brains from various trades will gather here to innovate, generate/share...