Laptop recommendations for student

can someone suggest a good branded computer or a good laptop for me, I plan to start my java and c++ classes this summer along with .net, any recomendations of a good computer for a student like me? ๐Ÿ˜’

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Our suggestions depend on factors like:

1. Primary purpose of buying the laptop. [Gaming/Programming/Home Use]
    2. Your budget in USD
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Go with Compaq ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Me too looking for the same and for the question of biggie

My Primary purpose is Browsing Internet , working on Testing tools

Budget -50000- 60000 INR not USD ๐Ÿ˜‰

And i dont do any gaming..
    Browsing CE, my blog ,wroking on web apps with testing tool..

So recommend one ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    Me too looking for the same and for the question of biggie

My Primary purpose is Browsing Internet , working on Testing tools

Budget -50000- 60000 INR not USD ๐Ÿ˜‰

And i dont do any gaming..
    Browsing CE, my blog ,wroking on web apps with testing tool..

So recommend one ๐Ÿ˜€

In 50 - 60 K you can go with Sony Vio, style with quality.

HP will cost you around 45 - 55 K good quality.

CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thanks CB for the info..
  • Black_Rose
    Black_Rose
    I have two Dell Laptops Inspiron 6400. 3 years on, several updates later and still I suffer troubles.. I wouldn't recommend Dell at all. I'd recommend HP, admittedly you pay more for the same specs on a different brand name, but it's well worth it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Just to add more variety of choices presented here, I'm currently using an Acer laptop.

I'm thinking any branded laptops are good as long as you take good care of them. Don't do anything silly like dropping it or spilling liquids.

If you are seeking for mobility, a laptop that is light, small sized (but not as small as an UMPC) and has a long battery life would be recommended. You'd want to be able to do programming wherever you want right? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    For light weight and stylo laptops, I would say you can go for Sony Vaio. Of course it provides good quality as well as support facility. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Syed Rumy
    Syed Rumy

If you are into machine learning, you already know that it is tough and so, requires machines that are tough and durable too.ร‚ย 

For students it's not easier to buy laptops for machine learning, i will recommend you to use a cloud for machine learning.ร‚ย 

this post is good for this job

Setup a Cloud Ubuntu Server for Deep Learning on Paperspace

and if you want to buy the best laptop then this guide is useful.

19 Best Laptop For Machine Learning - January 2023

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, I have a KMC board with mips VR4131 processor. The target board already having cmon boot loader on flash. Now I need to put my yamon boot loader...
I am designing a switch of 200A rating. Can anybody suggest me how much thick contact material (AgCdO) should be used for the electrical contacts. The joint is of clip...
hi, i have Summer trainning from this june. so please tell me some IT companies which provides real time application project trainning at free of cost. specially in gurgaon....๐Ÿ˜•
Hi to all CE'ans! Please help regarding the husk fired steam power plant, what are the critical parts need to be focused? Thanks!

Hi!

Hi everyone - nice to meet you all! I'm from Indiana and I study computer engineering. I decided to join CE because I have some questions and maybe I can...