Interfacing MICROCONTROLLER WITH MOBILE

I need Some information that how to interface mobile with microcontroller (89c51) I have a serial cord and i know i need to use max232 in between but the problem is the commands which i m need to use to send the sms from UC to the Mobile ...!
awaiting for quick responce
Thanks

Replies

• integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Hey hi! I think a few days back we had a CEan facing the same problem. Interfacing the micro controller to the mobile will require an interface of RS 232.You need to use the 'at' commands. Go through microcontroller books.Its easy if you get the right book. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sniper
    sniper
    hmm well Thanks for the Reply
    But If u know any book which is of my concern so please post reply with "book name"
  • pradypop
    pradypop
    You can test mobile with AT, it responds with OK

Then you can enable the text mode with AT+CMGF=1, to enable text mode and wait for OK.

Then at AT+CMGS="+91__________" ,fill in with phone number, you will get a > prompt and here put your message followed by ctrl+z.

If you get OK, your message will be tramsmitted.

You can use AT+CSQ to test signal strength.
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Well lost touch with techie books.. but i think you can find ample info on net.I know you will ask about the links.Visit the wikipedia I think it has all the AT commands.
  • binu_ji
    binu_ji
    Hello Friends please visit my website for Free microcontroller projects with source code & Circuit.

Connect Nokia 5110 with Microcontroller to control devices.

Link Removed

Binu
  • prasad_edu
    prasad_edu
    hello all... iam new to this.

Ahhh.. i jst gone through all Quotes....Interesting....

can i get the link for ur web site ..which is removed here?
  • pankajsbhalerao
    pankajsbhalerao
    dude which mobilephone specify the make coz nokia phone have specific

protocols an u be more specific
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    I dont know why the link has been removed, but wait for it. I have asked the moderator.

And till you wait here, why dont you search google or some more sites before asking vague questions. Look into the matter and then formulate your problem. It will be easier to answer that way.
  • skunchwar
    skunchwar
    hello binu_ji...
    hey...i really need your help...i m in my final semester of...electronics technologist diploma program and we r studying microcontroller HC12////and our final project is...on trafic light...i have now cxlue hw to make this work so if u have any project related to this or if u can..help me out on my project ill b very very thankful to u...plz reply soon
  • raul97
    raul97
    hey to connect microcontroller to mobile u need not to use MAX232....u can directly connect mobile with microcontroller serially.....but remember the mobile device must work serially.....not usb...so if u have mobile which accepts data serially then u can connect directly to Rx tX pin of Micon..
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    keep it coming ...with some more details to help you out with some innovative solutions...

Blog reloaded:-#-Link-Snipped-#
  • quer
    quer
    hello guyz... im very intersted on this topic... can you continue to post here coz im planning to have my undergraduate design just like this...
  • bidhanojha
    bidhanojha
    I am not sure about RS232 connecting and working on nokia phones... but I can think of another way... why dont you use a bluetooth device along with the microcontroller. With a little C++ programming you can connect to the microcontroller....

For more details on compatible bluetooth devices with your uC check with Atmel and if they have any costomized one... even if they dont have one ,you can always use a standerd blutooth device along...

for program logic and code... check out a similar project described at :

symbianresources.com....
  • gitonga
    gitonga
    Hi i am new to this forum but hope to enjoy in contributing
  • mlumanta
    mlumanta
    hi im having the same project but im using a 3310 and 16f84a PIC. it is to control appliance state(on and off). but my problem is that my datacable cannot be recognzed by my PC. can somebody give me some advice on what will i do? thanks
  • ali waqas
    ali waqas
    sniper
    I need Some information that how to interface mobile with microcontroller (89c51) I have a serial cord and i know i need to use max232 in between but the problem is the commands which i m need to use to send the sms from UC to the Mobile ...!
    awaiting for quick responce
    Thanks
    hai ,

i am also interfacing on the same project but atg the inintial stage please share information with me on

E-MAIL ADDRESS

• kapilkhullar1
    kapilkhullar1
    hello everybody here , i am new here looking for how to interface mobile with pic microcontroller can any body help me in the subject.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kapilkhullar1
    hello everybody here , i am new here looking for how to interface mobile with pic microcontroller can any body help me in the subject.
    Surely, please start a new thread in our #-Link-Snipped-# and provide all appropriate details along with your questions.
  • dshay
    dshay
    Some terms that will help you on your quest.

Noka uses a protocol called Fbus, which I believe is just inverted serial communication.

If you want to make it easy I know there is a particular sony-ericcson phone out there that just does standard serial communications. You're gonna have to learn their AT commands.

There's a couple documented projects out there with the sony if you google that stuff.
  • mlumanta
    mlumanta
    i have done the project but i think its already late., interface with 3210 nokia
  • coolsmartabhi
    coolsmartabhi
    hello i am abhimanyu goyal a final year electrical and electronics student and is making a project on mobile control of home appliances using 8051 microcontroller so plz can u guide me a bit about it.
    my email id is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • neo_matrix
    neo_matrix
    hi the link which you have provided has been removed can you please mail me
    svchiku.2006@gmail, it will be of great help

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you know how to size a vacuum breakers in slurry pipe lines let me know? Thanks Rahul
Wishing many happy returns of the day to DEP & niks_agnelite ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Have a wonderful birthday! ๐ŸŽ‰ -The Big K-
Name:Ameya Shashikant Khandekar a.k.a mastermind303 Engineering Trade:Electronics Location:Nagpur Occupation: Student in 7th sem/final yr VNIT Hobbies & Interests: reading,surfing net , playing cricket I joined CrazyEngineers because: Engineers doing crazy...
Hi CEans, The topic of discussion with this post is "The Dimentional Pattern". With this post i have tried to create a pattern with the Dimentions. I mean to say,...
Recently my PC started giving a weird kind of error because of some registry change. Whenever I double clicked on a Drive /folder , instead of the folder opening, a...