Vehicle suspension system from Bose

Heya guyz,

you all must have heard of Bose, the company which is in the forefront of Speaker technology and Accoustics.

And now after many years of research, Bose presents a new suspension system fro vehicles using Electromagnetics and power amplifiers.

Check out the details below - A whitepaper is also available .

#-Link-Snipped-#

This is R&D for you !!!

Inspiring Huh ???
😁

Karthik Raman

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Indeed Amazing! 😀

I had heard about it quite sometime ago but never bothered to check what they actually came up with.

Check out the pictures of car on their website showing difference between conventional suspension & BOSE suspension.

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This is cool.. its as if the car was hovering over the bumps and potholes! As well as checking the pictures, check out the Quicktime videos too (especially the demo course).
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    This is one of the best companies with the head as a south asian Dr. Amar Bose! This is truly an engineering marvel! I hope I or Biggie can get someone from their R&D dpt for an interview.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    This is one of the best companies with the head as a south asian Dr. Amar Bose! This is truly an engineering marvel! I hope I or Biggie can get someone from their R&D dpt for an interview.

*EDIT*

Well for the past 20 mins I couldnt find any engineer or an address! But I did find something useful for all of us, if we like to work somewhere prestigious.

#-Link-Snipped-#

This gives a list of JOBS at BOSE and what are the requirements.

(IDEA: Biggie why dont we all, from time to time, post new innovations and inventions and profiles of different companies and discuss about the JOB OPERTUNITIES, ENGINEERING REQUIREMENTS and other vital information for us engineers from that particular company.)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yea, those are neat ideas. Maybe we can implement them in the restructuring for 2nd CE Birthday?

Did you know Dr Amar's son Vanu has his own company too? Called Vanu Inc. They make innovative software radio technology that allows the combination of different radio standards into one platform. For example, GSM and CDMA standards operating from the same base station! It can also be adapted for future standards. Kinda cool..

Vanu, Inc.

Vanu Bose is the President and CEO of Vanu, Inc. Vanu earned all of his degrees from MIT, receiving his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) in 1999, his Master’s degree in EECS in 1992, and two Bachelor’s degrees, one in EECS and one in Math, in 1988. As a graduate student, Vanu worked on the MIT SpectrumWare project at the MIT lab for Computer Science, an effort to bring a software oriented approach to wireless communication and distributed signal processing. There, he performed the software radio research that would later evolve into Vanu, Inc. Prior to graduate school, Vanu developed a technical teaching curriculum and onboard medical, computer and satellite communications systems for a DC-10 flying hospital for Project Orbis, a private, non-profit organization dedicated to fighting world blindness. Vanu currently serves on the Board of Director for Jumpstart, a non-profit focused on early childhood literacy, and is also a member of the Board of Overseers for the Boston Museum of Science
    Like father like son.. almost. I wonder what they discuss during a family dinner?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    ash
    Like father like son.. almost. I wonder what they discuss during a family dinner?
    heh,

BOSE: So son what did you do today.
    Vanu: Nothing Papa, just the usual, some travel and networking.

BOSE: Well, what do you think? are you going to buy that system I was talking about?
    VANU: #-Link-Snipped-#!?
    BOSE: Yes son that one.

VANU: Dad you know I'm working in a NPO, I dont earn as much as youuu! *sob*sob*
    BOSE: Oh you!! Vanu! Stop crying!! Pass the salt.
    VANU: *sob* Ok Papa *sob*

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, Sorry for the delay in comming up with this post in the C/C++ Challenger Series. This time I again have something from the C++ corner😁. Question: How would...
Note: Links may not work! Our forum was reworked in the month of November & therefore the links pointing to specific sections may not work. --------------------------------- Hello CEans! Its a...
Hello CEans! As promised last month, we are back! Since no one really likes to read lengthy emails, we have cut-short our newsletter and made it even better. =Quick Update=...
Hello CEans! 😀 First of all, HaPpy CrazyEngineers Day to you! 😁I hope you have a day full of ideas & activities. As planned, the CrazyEngineers forum has been restructured....
We are an educated tribe 😀 ! We (yes, you are included in 'we') believe in Common Sense! We believe that Common Sense can do wonders and everyone posseses good...