Conversion of kinetic to electrical

Hi! Guys
Can u suggest me the way to convert KINETIC energy to ELECTRICAL energy??
Its Urgent....................

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Have you heard about Dynamo? You can use rotatory motion to generate electricity.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo

@Mods please move thread to appropriate section
  • Bull
    Bull
    Can u xplain me the process?????????
    Coz i cannot use dynamo.........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Note: Please do not use SMS text in posts.
  • Roddick
    Roddick
    Kinetic energy can be converted to electrical energy using hydraulic dams, sea barrages etc. The water ( in this case ) is channeled at high speeds through massive turbines which generate electrical energy when the water turns them.

--------------------
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • skipper
    skipper
    You can convert kinetic energy into electrical energy, as mentioned with turbines (hydraulic, aerodynamic) but only to a limit of efficiency.

When a conductor rotates in a magnetic field there's a current induced, but a resistance exists - some of the kinetic energy is converted into heat & sound (internal vibrational energy), the forward current generates a magnetic field that opposes the direction of the external fixed one, or a "back-emf". This is the inevitable loss any physical system that generates energy will always have.
  • anand.ssukhi
    anand.ssukhi
    you can use
    1. ac motors when they run over their rated speed they generate electricity
    you can easily find 1 by searching about ac motor with cintrollers having regenrative
    capacity.
    2. pneumatic sustems to store kinetic energy.
    3. fly wheels (find more at f1 site "Kinetic Energy Recovery System"

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I am in the final year of Computer Science Engineering and right now i am preparing for SCJP (Sun Certification for Java Programmer) certification and in this particular...
Hi Friends, I'm an electrical enginneer now working as broadcast engineer at Broadcasting Corporation Of India.I love playing chess & cricket.My aim is to be a good webdesigner.I joined here...
CEans, This post is aimed at informing you that our CE Events section is open for everyone to post information about tech-fests being organized in various colleges. If your college...
I need solution manual for Hughes Electrical and electronics technology. where can i get this? Please Help me.
It is a question especially to the IT folks. I dont think you guys need to go to an office in order to complete your work. I need not explain...