Ir sensor array

Hi
I would like to know about an ir sensor array that can give an output signal corresponding to the position of an ir object above it.
For eg.
If i place my hand above it, it should give me a unique signal as to where my hand is positioned with respect to it. Also i would like to know if its range can be altered.

Replies

• Rifaa
    Rifaa
    Ah.. IC no CE's had replied to you...do u still want any info.
    post back and I'll see what I can do
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    hi!!!
    if u can be more clear of your application as exactly what you want may be i can help you
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    do you want a strip type where you will have a combo of about 9 sensors (array) this is what you meant right but then performance will be different is that ok for you
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    try out pacific silicon sensor but it is NIR nera infra red
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    @ swapnakumar
    Whats a nera infra red
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    hi...good question...sorry for noone relying on your queries😔....i was off from CE for long...anyways

IR sensors are basically photocells that tracks motion& gives output on the recieved breikage of input signal flow cut.Yes range can be altered & customized as you want ,and it depends on what sort of IR sensor you are using.
    eg: for boom barriers you see near toll plazas ,they have beam sensors IR long range meant to stop boom fall upon car untill it passes barrier.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    sorry its near infrared try silonex make you will get the sensors

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, Iam wanna build a hybrid car about 500kgs gross wt ,2 seater, can sum1 plz help me out for the electric motor and the power pack(battery)...
I am pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science from AMITY,NOIDA . I am currently in 4th semester and want to do summer training in any reputed company.Could you kindly tell me...
So, most of you have written essay on topic like "If I were the Prime Minister" 😀 . Let us know what would you do if you were the admin/mod...
Anyone has any ideas in short - how to use JMeter ?
CEans, This idea (details included below) struck my mind sometime early this morning 😁. We have a huge base of students from various parts of the world. Most of them...