Do you think we'll be completely paperless by 2050?

The concept of Paperless Office is well known. Do you think the world will be completely paperless by 2050?

At least, do you think we'll still be using papers in offices?

If that happens, you'll have to take your kids to museums to show them the printers! 😁

Interesting, huh?

[Lame repliers: I know, we'll need the toilet paper anyway. 😲 ]

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, we'll still be using papers. For sure, electronic medium will be increasingly used as the amount of "data" is exponentially rising, but some sort of physical "paper" will be used in some form for small scale stuff.. like notes, etc. Hopefully out made of recycled paper or other environmentally friendly material πŸ˜€

I suppose when 2050 comes, people would probably accuse me for being a old fashioned geezer who hates technology πŸ˜›
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Paper are always perfered over electronic meduim,in future tii poeple may,may not prefer paper.all depends upon accpetance,but looking at present at 2050 we will be still using paper
  • gohm
    gohm
    yes it will remain however the material may be different, maybe metallic based?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    It can be anything as long as human is analog he will prefer paper and pen
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    can't say paperless only the very important part will be have the paper work.
    but similarly the world will be digitised. the engineers will definately find a another way so that we can save paper. as a lot of trees are used to make papers and also from now onwards the factor of global warming is also there. so definately one can say that we will use paper but to a very less context.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    kind off,mate but similar things we imagined dusing the seventeis nothing happend,during the 50's flaoting cars were derived....well i m damn sure in next 42 years,human will be using paper..
  • Neha
    Neha
    Down the line 42 years, indeed a long time!

According to my views, I don't think it would be completely paperless. We would be using papers though at a much smaller extent.

Next, I think people out there would device methods for developing a paper that z made of some environment friendly stuff! πŸ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    its already present and in use,wel the next thing in paper can be,re-usable paper or paper with storage technology,wat u say guys!!!
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    sauravgoswami
    its already present and in use,wel the next thing in paper can be,re-usable paper or paper with storage technology,wat u say guys!!!
    my dear friend it's already there, in the recent develpoments Japan has made a CD which is made up of paper and it can store data, although its a special type of paper.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well its a CD dude,I need something which will help to scribble,if they make such kinda paper that is execellent,thanks for updating me!!!
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    sauravgoswami
    well its a CD dude,I need something which will help to scribble,if they make such kinda paper that is execellent,thanks for updating me!!!
    well don't worry friend, anyone will find a way for that, can say that a pen model of that which has a laser in it to write that paper cd, but most important it should be safe to use.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey wat abt the ink,after all ink is wat we print on paper
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    sauravgoswami
    hey wat abt the ink,after all ink is wat we print on paper
    my friend as i told you that it is a special type of paper on which data is to writen. we can't write on it with a ink. it will just make that paper simple like the other one.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey that makes it authentic,we can simulate ink and paper
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    I think if we survive till 2050, papers will be the last of our concerns
    --Energy shortage, global warming, population explosion, terrorism, Fuel shortage, etc. etc.

But assuming that all does not happen, id say we will be paperless(basically forestless)
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Going paperless by 2050 is surely a possibility. But I don't think it would be completely paperless, unless we discover a ultra superb alternative. Looking at the history, its been so many years that we started scribbling, first on leaves and then on processed wood (paper), but paper still we use :grin:

@Gaurav- Hey don't be too pessimistic yar.
  • Itanium
    Itanium
    i'm not sure... but the usage of paper will be very much reduced.. There are huge initiatives in big firms to reduce the usage of papers (sometimes even the toilet papers). This is directly linked to the profit margin, in our company we generate hard copy docs for more than 5 million customers monthly. this really costs millions to the company and cutting down the usage of papers will decrese the cost spent and increase the margin of profit ;-)
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    buddy,paper is not a profit making thing!!! paper is to keep records safely,still poeple beleive more in hard-copies compared to soft,for generations paper have been used and will be used though they might reduce
  • Itanium
    Itanium
    i never said paper is making profit.. reducing the usage of paper reduces the cost. Also I dont think paper will keep records safe, you cant encrypt it. May be we are used to paper, thats the reason you are saying this, but its always better to reduce the usage of paper which also helps the environment.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, come to think of it.. paper has lasted for centuries (and counting). Compare than to the electronic storage mediums that have come up πŸ˜€

You guys might want to consider the amount of environmental effects caused by dumped electronic goods too! Plastic, toxic metal, glass..

We'd need to strike a balance somewhere.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Exactly!!but we should also take into considerations our demands and needs
  • vineesh1
    vineesh1
    How abt setting a date between 2015 and 2020?πŸ˜€

I think the future is much closer than anticipated, especially [I dont want this to sound like a sales pitch πŸ˜›] because I am trying to incubate a company in IIT Delhi for precisely this purpose - to create an electronic system that can emulate notebooks such that students can write and take notes as they do on paper.

Have done a lot of product research and it seems feasible. I have the backing of a professor from iitd itself pertaining to the feasibility.

Regarding market research, principal of Dps Rk puram has found the idea good and has extended assistance from the school end and has verbally given a promise to purchase 5k units for her students if the price is about INR 5k.

At the moment I am struggling to find a team to get this project going as well as funding. Neone interested even for part-time association is welcome. Lots of work in embedded systems as well as OS+UI is there πŸ˜›.

I guess I am lucky today - my bday, had my convo at iitd [yea, I am finally confirmed btech frm iitd😁] and then crazy engineers puts up the thread of my current life! I joined CE yesterday and I am extremely happy I did!!!

Ohh yeah, thanks for giving so much of ur time to this post. Would be delighted to interact with you all here as well as thru email on vineesh1gmail(dot)com.

Ciya
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vineesh, why don't you interact with everyone in our #-Link-Snipped-# section?

Discussions through email would remain confined to just few of you.

---------------------------------------------

Happy Birthday :myparty:
    ---------------------------------------------

Your idea is fantastic! Do you think your gadget can handle all the features at little over $100?
    ps: Start a new discussion thread in Entrepreneurship forum to discuss the same.
  • vineesh1
    vineesh1
    Thanks a lot Big_K! πŸ˜€

Shifting onto Entrepreneurship section as well! πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, Hiii....can anyone explain or help me find out the actual components and devices contained inside the encoder, interleaver, modulator and spreader in an Anti Jam communication system. And...
i am a student pursuing computer science... i am good in c and c++ and know a bit about java... what can i do as a project... can someone pl...
hi guys. i require some assistance of yours again. what i want is this: there is a form (say on page xyz.php) in which i have , say, 5 text-fields....
hey guys. i hav this page (a.php), where i ask te user for his username and password. I match these with static values, and upon succesful matching, i redirect the...
hi guys. i hav this drop down menu, which i need to populate with data from one column of a particular table of MySQL dbase. i hav read a lot...