Help! How to begin webpage design? Which languages should I learn?

Hiii!!!!

Can anybody give me a suggestion on how to start designing a webpage.And what r the minimum Front End and Back End languages needed.????It will be of great help.....😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Help......Webpage design????//

Bidisha
    Hiii!!!!

Can anybody give me a suggestion on how to start designing a webpage.And what r the minimum Front End and Back End languages needed.????It will be of great help.....😁
    Hi Bidisha,

There are couple of ways to go about it. For simple text/images website, you may -

1. Design it using HTML / CSS
    2. Design it using a WYSIWYG editor like NVU (Google search it). For this, you need not have any knowledge of any programming/scripting language.

However, if you want to build a database driven website, you will need to know PHP (for starters) , HTML , CSS and some basic knowledge of MYSQL.
    You may then move on to Javascript to add some buzz to your website. Once that's done, go with AJAX 😀

I hope this gets your started. If you have further questions, please feel free to post in this thread.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hey Bidisha,

Biggie is on the dot (as always), you may also want to check out Google pages. It lets you create and host pages through a simple wizard driven interface.

Worth a visit.
  • Bidisha
    Bidisha
    Thanx 4 the previous reply...But can anyone tell me how is PHP related to HTML...N pls suggest a good book for starting the basic web page designing.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bidisha
    Thanx 4 the previous reply...But can anyone tell me how is PHP related to HTML...N pls suggest a good book for starting the basic web page designing.
    You're welcome!

Understand that PHP & HTML are two different programming languages & have different purpose.

PHP: is server side scripting language
    HTML: Hyper Text Markup Language (client side language)

There's a major difference between these two languages:- PHP is used to produce dynamic pages, while HTML can produce static pages.

Go with PHP if you want to build a website that is database driven, has dynamically generated pages. You can of course use HTML with your PHP code.

Go with HTML/CSS if you want a static web page that displays images & text. Unless you specify your requirements, it would be difficult for anyone to comment more on the choice of language / technology.

There are tons of language specific books available in the market. HTML is very easy to learn & you can get lots of free ebooks/tutorials on the Internet.
  • inet2910
    inet2910
    n i happened to find a pretty good site where u can get free ebooks related to web technologies...check this out
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, An idea clicked in my mind few minutes ago and that's why I'm starting this thread. How about connecting people who got placed through campus recruitment in INFOSYS /...
Compiled list of mini project ideas for mechanical engineering along with a summary of each project and estimated cost.
This is for all those Linux fans out there, who have to put up with Windows just because their jobs demand the usage of MS-Office, et al. Applications which are...
Hi . all the Crazy people out Here, m a Mechanical Er from Mumbai. Its Gr8 to be among u guys hope vll have many gr8 Discusns and fun too.
Friends, I was writing an article for CE - Help section and thought of this - "Why would anyone join CE". The obvious answers are "It's cool, its free...etc." However,...