A very good puzzle

Its very good puzzle. It is simple but still its effective to confuse peple to scratch her heads.
Here is the puzzle:
We have total 100 rs and we need to buy exactly 100 birds. The prizelist for birds is as follow:
1) 1 parrot = 5 rs
2) 1 craw = 1 rs
3) 20 sparrows = 1 rs
But you have to follow these conditions
-> you have to spent all 100 rs.
-> you have to buy exact 100 birds
-> you have to buy all three birds. That mean you cant buy any specific kind of bird. So you must have all three kind of bird when you finish the buying!!!!
Lets hit it CEans!!!!

Replies

• sanandsanu
    sanandsanu
    RajdeepCE
    Its very good puzzle. It is simple but still its effective to confuse peple to scratch her heads.
    Here is the puzzle:
    We have total 100 rs and we need to buy exactly 100 birds. The prizelist for birds is as follow:
    1) 1 parrot = 5 rs
    2) 1 craw = 1 rs
    3) 20 sparrows = 1 rs
    -> you have to buy all three birds. That mean you cant buy any specific kind of bird. So you must have all three kind of bird when you finish the buying!!!!
    Lets hit it CEans!!!!
    80 sparrows, 19 parrots and 1 crow
    80 sparrows cost = Rs. 4
    19 parrots cost = Rs.95
    1 crow cost = Rs. 1
    ---------------------------
    100 birds cost = Rs.100
    😎😁
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    You are right!!!
    I have to find some tough challenges for CEans!!!
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Here is another simple puzzle for you all CEans!!!
    #-> We have a box full of coins & some notes of 10Rs. The box contains the 5Rs, 1Rs, 50Paisa, 25Paisa coins. After counting all the coins, I found the following results :
    1-> The quantity of 1Rs coins is three times the quantity of 5Rs coins. That means that if we have 10 coins of 5Rs than we have 30 coins of 1Rs.
    2-> Similarly, the quantity of 50Paisa coins is five times the quantity of 1Rs coins. That means that if we have 30 coins of 1Rs than we have 150 coins of 50Paisa.
    3-> The quantity of 25Paisa coins is seven times the quantity of 50Paisa coins.
    4-> The number of 10Rs notes is 16 + the number of 5Rs coins. That means if you have 4 coins of 5Rs than we have 20 notes of 10Rs.
    5-> The total amount in box is exactly 4300Rs.
    ---> So how many coins & notes were there in the box?
    If possible than give the method of your solution.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    For those who want to make a code for this puzzle, just assume the number of 5Rs coin is x. Start making a one equation, than make a code for that equation which will give the answer. This is also a hint for you all crazy CEans!!!!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The answer is --

80 - 5 rupee coins
    240 - 1 rupe coins
    1200 - .50 paise coins
    8400 - .25 paise coins
    96 - 10rs notes.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Hey ES, great!!! I was expecting that you will get the answer first.
    Congrats!!!!!
    And wait for more...
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    I am starting from another easy one :
    A frog in the well trying to climb the wall of well. But the wall is sleepy. Every time he jumps on wall, frog climbs upto 3 feet, but due to wall is sleepy, it sleeps 1 feet. The depth of the well is 50 feet. So tell me that how many jumps will needed for frog to come out from well?
    I am expecting the answer of this puzzle as fast as possible, cause it is too easy.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If it sleeps 1 feet in the sense if the effective is 2 feet it takes 25 jumps .

if the sentence means that the effective is 1 feet it takes 48 jumps.

let me know dudeπŸ˜€
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    You are always right, ES!!!
    Now I will post some intermediate puzzle tonight, cause the simple puzzles are getting solved in few minutes or hours.
    Wait for a blast...
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    23?
    normally the frog can scale 48mts in 16 leaps
    but since it misses 1 mt in each leap total no of mts scaled in 16 leaps is 48-16 = 33mts
    its left with 17 mts more which it should cover in 5 leaps e 12 mts scaled

16+5 -21 leaps till now

we are still left with 5 mts ie 2 more leaps

23?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thanks dude ..

Now try this πŸ˜€

1. Jawaharlal Nehru was the _______ of Indira Gandhi’s Father. ?

2. Make a grammatically correct sentence by using the verb "IS" immediately after the word "I"

3. I am having two coins of Indian currency in my pocket, the total value of which comes to 75 paisa. But mind you, one of the coins is not a fifty paisa coin. How it is possible?

4. What is taken from you before it is given to you?

5.Eventhough it belongs to you, usually others use it, What?

These are tricky questions , dont use google..

Source :: A mail from my friend πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    durga
    35?
    normally the frog can scale 48mts in 16 leaps
    but since it misses 1 mt in each leap total no of mts scaled in 16 leaps is 48-16 = 33
    it has now 2 more mts to leap.. which implies 1 leap to cover 2 mts + 1 leap to cover the slipped 1 mts

so total = 35
    No durga , 48-16 = 32 firstly.
    after 16 leaps it is at 32nd fet itself not at 48th so it cant get out , so it need more 18 feets to jump go it??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Make a grammatically correct sentence by using the verb "IS" immediately after the word "I"
    I is a letter in the alphabet.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Nice questions.!!
    I have to scratch my head to solve this!!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    English-Scared
    Thanks dude ..

Now try this πŸ˜€

1. Jawaharlal Nehru was the ---- of Indira Gandhi’s Father. ?

NAME 😁
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    Thanks dude ..

Now try this πŸ˜€

1. Jawaharlal Nehru was the _______ of Indira Gandhi’s Father. ?

2. Make a grammatically correct sentence by using the verb "IS" immediately after the word "I"

3. I am having two coins of Indian currency in my pocket, the total value of which comes to 75 paisa. But mind you, one of the coins is not a fifty paisa coin. How it is possible?

4. What is taken from you before it is given to you?

5.Eventhough it belongs to you, usually others use it, What?

These are tricky questions , dont use google..

Source :: A mail from my friend πŸ˜€
    1. Name
    2. I is the 9th alphabet.
    3. one is 50 another is 25. You told one of the coin is not 25 (that coin is of 50 paisa 😁 I am n ot sure if this is correct)
    4. Photo
    5. Your Name

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Big K and Durga both are correct πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Sorry CB i didnt check your answer at that time.
    today there are many parallel posts done by me with some others all the time.

CB you are 100 percent correct Congrats !!!
    😁
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Here is another one, and its good:
    You have 16 squares in a box, with 5 colors: 4 blue, 3 green, 3 red, 3 white, and 3 black. You have to arrange all 16 squares according tn following condition.
    1->>> The same colors cant touch 2->>> The same colors cant be in the same row or in the same column.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Re: Brain Teasers : Mathemetics

Hey Rajdeep,

[​IMG]
    First Row: Green + White + Blue + Red
    Second Row: Blue + Red+ Black + Green
    Third Row: Black + Green + White + Blue
    Fourth Row: White + Blue + Red + Black

Please check if answer is right.

PS: Grant excuse if square is not square in actual.πŸ˜‰

@Admin/Mods : Oops Sorry I posted it in wrong thread, Can anyone transfer it to following thread
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Great Shalini!!!!!
    Cograts!!!!
    No need to say a single word about your answer cause its perfect.
    Wait for more...
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Here is another puzzle for you all CEans:
    A man has nine children whose ages are at an exact interval. The sum of the square of the ages of each is the square of its own age. Than what is the age of man & his childrens?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    i have small doubt and i anticipated question like this ..

The sum of squares of ages of children = square of the mans age.

Considering this , as per the question the ages of children are in AP (Arithmetic Progression ) since common interval is given the diff is considered as d.

so the childs age will be a-4d , a -3d , ---- a , --- ,a+4d

Solving with the other condition as the sum of squares of all these numbers = x^2.

we get the solution as 2 ,5 ,8 ,11,14 ,17 ,20,23 and 26 and the mans age is 48.

PS..how come one man with 9 children πŸ˜‰.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Nice solution, ES!!! & good comment!!!
    You are very fast in solving puzzle. I have to give some more difficult puzzle here. Be prepared...
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Here, is another one,
    9 * ( HATBOX ) = 4 * ( BOXHAT )
    Put any digit from 0-9, to make equation correct!!!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Excellent puzzle , i got a small start to solve this in this way this is not a solution though but a group of digits ,

These are the possible combinations of X and T

X = 0 , T = 0 ,5
    X = 2 , T = 7 ,2
    X = 4 , T = 4 , 9
    X = 6 ,T = 1, 6
    X = 8 , T= 3 , 8

So here comes these many possiblities to work for other digits we need all the assumptions , this may throw some lite on solving this πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Sorry to make you go to a big approach πŸ˜€

Here is the easier approach πŸ˜€

Consider HAT as one digit say 'a'
    BOX as one digit say 'b'
    Since these two digits are there in 2 calculations ,

then the equation turns out as
    9(1000a+b) = 4(1000b+a)
    8996a = 3991b
    692a = 307b
    So by this we get a=307 and b=692

So 9 * 307692 = 4* 692307 =2769228
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Congrats, ES!!!
    Nice explanation.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Here is one another famous puzzle to solve.
    "The 8-queens Problem":
    I think all the Computer Engineers should know the answer. For those who dont know about it, here it is,
    We have given a chessboard & 8 queens, we have to arrange all 8 queens such that queens cant be killed by each other. That means no two queens are in same column or same row, and even they do not come in cross line.
    Let us see who get this first!!!!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Solution for 8-Queens problem

Very good puzzle,

Place 8 queens at following positions taking rows from top and columns from left respectively.

1. 1st Row, 4th Column
    2. 2nd Row, 8th Column
    3. 3rd Row, 3rd Column
    4. 4th Row, 7th Column
    5. 5th Row, 2ndColumn
    6. 6th Row, 6th Column
    7. 7th Row, 1st Column
    8. 8th Row, 5th Column

Strategy:
    [ I will better explain with a figure but right now I am in office and so wouldn't be able to upload figure so Please wait for pictorial answer. ]

Hope this much information would tell you answer I am trying to tell.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @Rajdeep : How many solutions do we have for this one?

I heard there are around 5 or 7 solutions, a general question though.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    @Shalini,your answer is wrong cause 1-4, 3-6, 5-8 pairs are crossing each other. Here is the correct solution,
    [​IMG]
    @ES, not 5-7, but there are many solutions to this puzzle. I dont remember the exact equation of solutions.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Here is new puzzle,
    Once upon a time, there was a rich businessman. He had 3 sons. He owned the 21 platinum coated boxes filled with the gold. Aftre he died, his last wish was to divide all his property among his son equally including 21 boxes. He also kept one strict condition that content of all boxes must remain as it is. That means they can't move the gold of one box to other box. When his sons checked the box, they found that 7 boxes were full, 7 boxes were half, & remaining 7 were empty. The judge gave elder brother 4 empty & 3 full box. But he refusted to take 4 empty box. Atlast they all decided that they would accept maximum of 3 box of one kind. So the quest is that, How the judge distributed all the 21 boxes among 3 sons?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    For first son 3F ,1HF , 3Emp.

Second and third - 2F , 3HF , 2Emp

Edited::

F-Full
    HF- Half Full
    Emp- Empty.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Sorry ES, your answer is little wrong. You divided 23 boxes instead of 21 boxes😁.
    So the correct answer is,
    F HF E
    elder son : 3 1 3
    middle son : 2 3 2
    younger son : 2 3 2
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes i solved it correct ,but typed wrong πŸ˜”
  • Milan25
    Milan25
    19 parrot = 95 rs
    1 craw = 1 rs
    80 sparrows = 4 rs
    -------------------
    100 birds = 100rs
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Ok, here I am with new puzzle,
    The cricket pitch is 100 feet long. There is a sprint between two batsman: one is tall & second is short. They decided that they have to start from one end and run to the another end than return back to the same end. The tall batsman runs 3 feet distance in 1 step, while short batsman runs 2 feet in 1 step. But when the tall batsman complete 2 steps, the short batsman completed 3 steps. Now tell me that which batsman will return to starting end first? Give a proper logic behind your answer.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Short one cause tall batsman runs 3 feet in 1 step so after 33 step and 99feet he Crosses 100 feet and go to 102 feet so he have to travel that 2feet again in return journey while short batsman runs for exact 100 feets so he reaches first at Starting end. 😁
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Yes, you are right godfather!!
    Congrats!!
  • nithinstheone
    nithinstheone
    B G W R
    Bl R G B
    W Bl B G
    R B Bl W

B : BLUE
    G : GREEN
    W : WHITE
    BL : BLACK
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Well, this puzzle is already solved & you are still wrong in this.
    Anyway, its nice to see someone trying
  • nirali vora
    nirali vora
    1) 1 hen = 5 rs
    2) 1 craw = 1 rs
    3) 40 sparrows = 1 rs
  • Prasad Shinde
    Prasad Shinde
    Idk

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread is dedicated for automation concepts and problems you faced during automation with various tools. Be it a Open source or its a paid tool, do post your quires....
When we execute a C program, the output is printed on the black screen by default. I want this output to be decorated. I want it on a well designed...
I had a 5.1 surround system..but recently a high voltage burnt my woofer PCBs. The woofer speaker is gud...i want to do somethnig... the four channels (front left/right n rear...
From the first day of evolving roads, I think they've been placing a new layer onto an old layer of road. But again, replacing roads would be expensive, right? If...
I think all of you would know the FLAMES game played by school students and teenagers. Using this game, they predict the relationship between two persons. F-Friends L-Love A-Affection M-Marriage...