India Launches Lunar probe!

NEW DELHI (AP) — Scientists have better maps of distant Mars than the moon where astronauts have walked. But India hopes to change that with its first lunar mission.
Chandrayaan-1 — which means "Moon Craft" in ancient Sanskrit — launched from the Sriharikota space center in southern India early Wednesday morning in a two-year mission aimed at laying the groundwork for further Indian space expeditions.
Scientists, clapping and cheering, tracked the ascent on computer screens as they lost sight of the rocket in heavy clouds.
"This is a historic moment for India," Indian Space Research Organization chairman G. Madhavan Nair said.
Click for the rest -> #-Link-Snipped-#

Man, I've been so busy that I've missed this one. (See my original post: #-Link-Snipped-#) I was looking forward for it after China's spacewalk. Good to see more countries getting involved in the space race!

Can't wait when they launch the lunar rover 😀

Anyone got vids of the launch?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Its succesfull and INDIA has already dropped it's tri-colour 😁
    I read in a local newspaper that ... INDIA is aiming at MARS probe in next 4 yrs.
    Personally ,I think its really good...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm hoping CrazyEngineers hit the Mars and other planets in next 3-4 years.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Tell you what?NASA has disconvered huge infact very huge glaciers of ice beneath the rocky surface of MARS.They say the glacier is around 800mts thick!!!! and bigger than LOS ANGLES...I am not sure.. but whats land temperature.. is it enough to sustain life...?? and how will they get that water out?make two tunnels to the surface of earth opps!! MARS.. pump in hot air fomr one tunnel and making artifical water springs???

I would love to see settlings on MARS... ah!!! "I you can contact me at number :030 folowed by 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Have you ever worked on Oracle ADF? Hi All, Is anybody having good pdfs for learning Oracle ADF and JSF ? Also, if anybody has idea of how to to...
This thread seeks its inspiration from following two blog posts by our CEans :- Happiness is relative « Mayur’s Weblog & Who? Me??: Happiness So, let's build a list of...
The topic has been discussed many times elsewhere. Let's discuss it on CE Forums. Developing countries have bigger problems to deal with : Poverty, Education, Population Control, Infrastructure ... the...
The news papers yesterday and even today were full of articles either defending the land slide loss of Australian cricket team to India or debating whether Australia's world domination is...
CEans, I knew something like this would happen. Do you all know that Bill Gates is secretly doing something? He's formed Bill Gates Company 3 [ BGC3 ] -> BGC3.com...