CE Downtime Discussions

Official Note: #-Link-Snipped-#

Discuss it here.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Thanks for staying on top of it as always. Growing pains mean there is growth which is an awesome thing!
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    so which type of hosting we are using now??
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Its on a Cloud right? So how downtime?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's still in the cloud but when we expand the RAM, there is a brief downtime involved. We preferred going down than investing large amount in cloning the server to keep the site alive. It seemed like a wise decision.
    Possible to say the tech specs of your server?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Possible to say the tech specs of your server?
    The server has 8GB RAM and about 600 GB of storage space. The other specs aren't available as the server is virtualized.
    Oh Wow! This server gets a downtime? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The single server handles server + blog + few other apps. Downtime is only experienced when we push major update. It's normal. However, in future, we'll first clone the server, serve the traffic from there and perform upgrade on our main server. Let's see. The only problem is that it costs too much money ๐Ÿ˜”
  • skypa
    skypa
    It is nice to know you guys are on top of the problem and have fixed it too.
    Actually what's taking place, when you do this kinda transition or update? I mean, the clone and stuff? Possible to explain them? Interesting to hear... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    #-Link-Snipped-# =>The single server handles server + blog + few other apps. Downtime is only experienced when we push major update. It's normal. However, in future, we'll first clone the server, serve the traffic from there and perform upgrade on our main server. Let's see. The only problem is that it costs too much money
    So now you are thinking that host the site on 2 differentserver m I right?
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    How about using more than one server (with load balancing) ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gg_gaurav
    So now you are thinking that host the site on 2 differentserver m I right?
    Nope, not now. But we'll have to in future.

synergynext
    How about using more than one server (with load balancing) ๐Ÿ˜
    That's always an option, but we'll consider only when the system actually demands that we host webserver and database on different machines. Cloud enables us to scale easily and have more power.
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    yeah yeah, do agree. Cloud is always better
    Is CE now running on Cloud? If so, why downtime? The word would be removed from the Cloud's Dictionary right??? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    sometimes clouds get condensed and come down in form of rains ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, April - June are usually the lowest traffic days of CE community ever year. We decided to go ahead with our existing server configuration thinking the server would handle...
Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office This free add-in for Microsoft Office, which hails from Google, lets you save your Office documents to Google Docs, where you can use them...
CEans, As any community grows, it gathers members emotionally attached to it. Althought it's an incredibly good thing for any community - it often results in what's called forum 'flames'....
Friend i want do my project on this topic so I need some information about this topic..........plz send your suggestions and links as yearly as possible
Hi guys, As a part of a project work, i am supposed to detect the number of bluetooth devices switched on on a particular road by the people traveling through...