CE Badges : Questions / Discussions / Badge showcase

CEans,

All discussions / questions / feedback / suggestions and showcase - this is the thread ๐Ÿ˜€

The announcement is available here - #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nice work there biggie i will add this to my new blog.
  • mahul
    mahul
    I've got myself one.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great news. Could you please point us to the page? I don't see it on the link in your signature. ๐Ÿ˜
  • mahul
    mahul
    Biggie! there seems to be a problem. i pasted it in my blog but it isn't showing up. You will notice it in the top left corner (where just a click is written) and the link doesn't point to CE
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me check.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahul, could you please quickly try following code and let me know ?

[url=https://www.crazyengineers.com][img]https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3199/2962311462_cd81b8f8ff_o.png[/img][/url]
  • mahul
    mahul
    Yep, it works! My blog now proudly wears one.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks great

Code in the announcement has been updated for all the badges ๐Ÿ˜ . Please post here if you face any issues.

Everyone, we'd like to see CE badges on your blog
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Can we have a rectangular or a square badge?

I'm some how not liking the shape. Sorry boys! :-(
  • mahul
    mahul
    Yep, I believe that we should allow CEans to submit their images for the CE badges and select from amongst those or open all of them up for posting.
  • Differential
    Differential
    Could it be added to free wordpress blogs ? I don't think links can be pasted in widget section. Please elaborate.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can't have badges for everyone's liking. Will try for square/rectangular badge.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Differential
    Could it be added to free wordpress blogs ? I don't think links can be pasted in widget section. Please elaborate.
    Of course it can be ๐Ÿ˜ !

Just add the 'text' widget in your sidebar and paste the badge code. Add title to the widget if you want and save it. [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright. Rectangular badge is coming all your way. Color preferences, do you have any? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Differential
    Yes I have already added. Check my blog. You can paste the code in the text widget.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Alright. Rectangular badge is coming all your way. Color preferences, do you have any? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    The CE color is best!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, I'm in the process of making a rectangular badge. The color preference has to be the dark red/white.

Ok, let me work ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I was thinking, my CE shield pic I did for the CE shirt competition might be suitable for a "badge"

SHIELD2.png (image)

๐Ÿ˜‰
  • krishniha
    krishniha
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I was thinking, my CE shield pic I did for the CE shirt competition might be suitable for a "badge"

SHIELD2.png (image)

๐Ÿ˜‰
    Ash - you are our official Inkscape expert . I'm still trying to figure out how to get those 'glass' like effects. Can you help? The rectangular/square badges are in demand!

I just checked the "I'm Powered By CrazyEngineers". Could you extract the background shield and mail the svg to me?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Ash - you are our official Inkscape expert . I'm still trying to figure out how to get those 'glass' like effects. Can you help? The rectangular/square badges are in demand!

I just checked the "I'm Powered By CrazyEngineers". Could you extract the background shield and mail the svg to me?
    I first learnt from this video tutorial:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Try checking out the other videos. They are really good!

It takes trial and error to get the shading/effect you want. But its worth it ๐Ÿ˜‰

[EDIT] I'll email the svg as soon as I can
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Addendum:

The original announce has been updated with the latest rectangular badge ๐Ÿ˜‰ yay!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Can the badge be a bit short? Check my blog. Its going out of the side bar.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It can be, but we'll have to sacrifice the logo for simple "CrazyEngineers" text. Is that ok?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright guys!

We have 120 x 44 badge that will fit your blog's sidebar. Check the announcement here -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thanks for the rectangle one
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    i use blogspot.How can i add it??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tutorials coming up ๐Ÿ˜
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    ohk waiting for the make over of my Blog!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Here is the tutorial for Blogger/Blogspot:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Sorry, I tried to embed the screenshots here, but there was an error ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great going fellas! The badge looks perfect, Godfather ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thanks Brother for That Tutorial Specially Ash
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    wowiieeee..added it to my blog.!!Thanks Biggie for the badges !!
    I'm Loving IT!!
    My Prerogative
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Ankur - Looks superb!

I'm working on few more badges & colors. My photoshop/powerpoint skills are limited ๐Ÿ˜‰ you know!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    godfather
    No problemo!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    godfather

Nice blog... and rocking Badge as well...

Good work Ash !!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone else's added CE Badge to the blog?
  • dreednov09
    dreednov09
    Thanks Biggie for the badges. I love it work as i want.

Thank you so much.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi

hi frns! ๐Ÿ˜
Hello, friends I m final year ele. engg. student. i study in pune uni. I Want small but logical project.
CEans, As I hear the news that efforts are being made to bring the cost of laptops to under $100, I am thinking if our CEans were to design such...
Hi ceans, I need ur support to designing a lathe. its my final year project. I have to design a software capable of giving design specificaion(drive design, Bed design, lead...
Hi friends, Here is a simple question from me. Can you tell me how many ways are there & what are they,to know since how long my system is up...