CE Innovator Contest Support Thread

Contest announcement: #-Link-Snipped-#

We'll handle all the questions/queries related to The CE Innovator Contest in this thread!

Post your question and we'll quickly reply to you.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow, this is great! πŸ˜€ Can't wait to see what innovative ideas CEans have.

Look out for some of my entries soon! *evil laugh*

[EDIT]
    *ahem* Sorry, just realized this is a "support" thread πŸ˜›

Biggie, maybe there should be a rough format CEans can follow for those who are not sure? Like, maybe:
    1. Intro
    2. Implementation
    3. Etc..

or a simple "What", "Why", "How".
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yay!

Waiting! Even I can't wait! 😁 I wish I could participate
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    *ahem* Sorry, just realized this is a "support" thread πŸ˜›

Biggie, maybe there should be a rough format CEans can follow for those who are not sure? Like, maybe:
    1. Intro
    2. Implementation
    3. Etc..

or a simple "What", "Why", "How".
    Hmm. Do we really need a format? I fear the articles would look like practicals lab journals πŸ˜’. But those who need a format may simply use:-
    Your real name:
    CE ID:

Introduction:

Problem with existing engineering creation:

My idea of improvement:

How to do it:
    If anyone among us has any idea for a better template, please reply in this thread. I'll then update the announcement with this optional template.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    One more thing can be added. In case if some one has already experimented and got the results... they can put it there too.

PS: Guys who have done some kick ass innovative projects can surely contribute. This is your chance to take your ideas to the world. So bring'em on! πŸ‘

:sshhh:CE's SEO statistics are amazing.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Hmm. Do we really need a format? I fear the articles would look like practicals lab journals πŸ˜’. But those who need a format may simply use:-

If anyone among us has any idea for a better template, please reply in this thread. I'll then update the announcement with this optional template.
    Actually, we want to avoid jumbled up articles with no sense of flow and direction. Maybe a format will help for those not used to writing articles and help them put their ideas straight away without worrying about HOW to word them properly.

In addition, it'll give some mercy to readers (and judges in this case) πŸ˜‰ We are engineers, after all!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Point well taken, sire! πŸ˜€

I'm traveling right now [in fact, I'm in a bus right now]. I'll update the announcement with a new template soon. Keep your suggestions/queries coming!

I hope we get at least 10 articles for the contest.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope our CEans are working on the ideas. Guys! questions/comments?
  • Raghavendra.RSP
    Raghavendra.RSP
    Hai sir, I want to participate in the CE innovator contest. can i send my idea along with detailed diagrams, which were created by me( using MS office Paint).tell me once the adress to which i have to sent my Idea.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Raghavendra.RSP
    Hai sir, I want to participate in the CE innovator contest. can i send my idea along with detailed diagrams, which were created by me( using MS office Paint).tell me once the adress to which i have to sent my Idea.
    Hi Raghavendra! Please refer to this thread for the contest details πŸ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#

Good luck, and can't wait to view your ideas later!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Raghavendra.RSP
    Quote from the announcement: -

2. The article can be submitted in any format, along with supporting pictures, links et al. Feel free to submit your ideas in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf or .text format. You MUST submit the articles to:: articles at crazyengineers dot com

Waiting for your ideas! [​IMG]
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Means we have to write somewhat looks like Theses on the things made by engineers or anything else if i post related to support TELEPHONE than i have to post all the details related to telephone???

ok will put somethins\g new things whenever got topics any deadline is there?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    godfather
    Yeah... its 25th October. Check #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    godfather
    Means we have to write somewhat looks like Theses on the things made by engineers or anything else if i post related to support TELEPHONE than i have to post all the details related to telephone???

I think the point of the contest is to think of something "innovative" that hasnt been done before, or barely touched on. For this, one must use their brain to think of something creative.

As long as the idea is clearly put to writing, and that other readers can understand, there isnt a need to write it like a thesis. Remember, the article length is 500-1000 words!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me give you an idea we discussed before. Your idea could be marginal improvement over existing engineering creation. It would be an accessory too. For example, one of our CEans came up with an idea of Laptop holder: Something that allowed you to use laptops when you were lying in bed. Now its not an entirely new idea, but its definitely an improvement.

Details: #-Link-Snipped-#

Think of your favorite software. Think how'd you improve it, if you could. Google Chrome thought allotting separate process to handle each tab would be an improvement to browsers and they did it!

In general, think of improvements in stuff that's around you. Almost everything can be improved!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me give you an idea we discussed before. Your idea could be marginal improvement over existing engineering creation. It would be an accessory too. For example, one of our CEans came up with an idea of Laptop holder: Something that allowed you to use laptops when you were lying in bed. Now its not an entirely new idea, but its definitely an improvement.

Details: #-Link-Snipped-#

Think of your favorite software. Think how'd you improve it, if you could. Google Chrome thought allotting separate process to handle each tab would be an improvement to browsers and they did it!

In general, think of improvements in stuff that's around you. Almost everything can be improved!
  • Raghavendra.RSP
    Raghavendra.RSP
    :smile: hai ash, thankyou for your kind reply to my thread. i want to continue this communication with you.and plese tell me the procedure of sending my idea to the contest in brief.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Go through the announcement which should answer all your queries. Click -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hello ...

I need to post one of my thoughts ... a simple one though!!...😁

i tried #-Link-Snipped-#...

i joined a couple of days ago and could not go through the whole forum..πŸ˜’

could you just tell me know the forum where I can post the article??

cheers
    durga
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Durga,

Please send your article to articles at crazyengineers dot com. We'll publish the article on the front page of CrazyEngineers dot com if your idea is interesting.

Let me know if you need more information.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, we've started getting innovative ideas

Waiting for more ideas! Come on CEans, is it too hard to think of improvements?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    So how many ideas have already been received?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    πŸ˜’And that means in last 13 days, there hasn't been a single CEan, baring one, who could think of an innovative idea? C'mon guys! All you young engineers are supposed to be our future, you are supposed to design stuff, change this world. Now don't be such duds!

When biggie discussed this idea with me on a phone call, we had instantly thought about at least 5-6 unique things people could contribute. We requested a senior person to judge this competition, and this is what we give him? One entry?:evil:

Sad... really sad!πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    πŸ˜” Its alright !

Maybe we should have 'cash' prizes for such competition. These days, everyone just wants cash. Bah!

No worries, we'll have cash prizes too.

Everyone remember: Competitions on CE won't be easy ( like those stupidest contests on TV & Radio ). CE's contests will make you think, work, use your brain to win.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    One
    Lol πŸ˜›

Well, still a while to go to 25th October πŸ˜‰

Hopefully I can submit this weekend. I've got so many things to do that my head's about to explode πŸ˜”
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    Hopefully I can submit this weekend. I've got so many things to do that my head's about to explode πŸ˜”
    Explode? Well, should I wear a bomb proof dress? πŸ˜›
    We are waiting Ash. (and sorry I don't know what 'that' dress is called)

Just a suggestion biggie, can we (you, me and one or two seniors) post one entry each here as a sample so that people get an idea of what to write? May be not an article... just the idea. What say?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yo, go ahead. My entry will follow soon. I've like 20,000 ideas running my head at any point of time πŸ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Oh why not... Coming up pretty soon.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Since we do not have as much response as we thought, I'm posting few ideas discussed by CEans on CE Forums. Take my tip: anything can be improved! You just got to have that 'engineer-eye'.

1. One of our CEans thought if we could convert the sound energy of motorcycle silencer into useful electrical energy to power the digital speedometer! - I personally think it would be a nice improvement.

2. Another CEan thought if we could generate electricity from the treadmills available in GYM. That is, we power our generators when people run . Don't you think its a good idea?

3. I got this from CEan Kidakaka's blog. His friend created RSS feeds for blind! Wow! How nice!

4. One of our CEans had created (and sold!) the laptop holders, so that you could use your laptop while lying in bed.

5. One crazy engineer thought of creating waterproof mobile phones - and he did create a solution that would protect the motherboard from water!

... what about you? Don't you ever use your brain? God relies on us to make the world a better place to live.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Here is my contribution. This is not an article, just an idea.

I was working with a small company about 3 years back. Their primary business was to sell yearly subscription of web based content related to international projects (engineering and non-engineering). As a sales guy, I would send presentation, documents and then sample of such information. The service also used to be rendered in the similar manner. However during the process, we observed lot of our mails would bounce from the customer's account or would be delivered (some times in spam) minus the attachments. That was because of the nasty firewalls.

Then I found out about the file sharing utilities. With help from the IT guy, we created our own small file sharing program and put this on the intranet. We also created a database, wrote the taxonomy and linked the two things together. Now while sending a file or information, all we had to do was upload the files either from the existing database or from our computers and send the link to the customers. When they clicked, it gave them a restricted access to our database so that they could view the content meant for them. This way we not only reduced the firewall threat, we also shortened the length of the mail as well as its size.

It certainly helped.
    PS: May this is not an innovative idea, just made some changes to the process using technology.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ooo the deadline is coming up! I'm actually juggling between 3 ideas to submit. I'll finish one of them after I submit my MATLAB project tomorrow.

How many entries so far? πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Two entries. Unless we have min. 5 entries, we wont declare the winner. We will, however, publish the ideas submitted by our CEans in the form of articles πŸ˜€
  • electron1212
    electron1212
    I have posted my article at #-Link-Snipped-# . hope you got that. 😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, the article has been received and the contest now ends! 😁
  • electron1212
    electron1212
    When we will have the results ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sorry for not updating the thread. Unfortunately, we received only three entries for the contest. Although there was no 'minimum' entries criteria in the contest, we believe that we should consider the entries for our next innovator contest.

In the mean time, we'll publish your ideas on CE Front page. Let me know if you need further information/clarification.
  • electron1212
    electron1212
    Oh!!! that was a very bad response for such a brilliant contest.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    electron1212
    Oh!!! that was a very bad response for such a brilliant contest.
    Well, yes. But watch out for our part II of the contest.
  • electron1212
    electron1212
    Yeah , i am waiting for that. Lots of new ideas in my mind.😎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know the details of the topic '"compressible fluid flow"
im a 3,rd yr srtudent of electronics &comm .im interested in making a career in my core field ,not interested in software as such .Does doing sm exrta course like...
hi guys why does the depletion region in a pn junction diode always penetrates into lightly doped side
:clap:hi! me sudhanshu going to b an ece engg. wanna say u something. i am in need of something or someone .i dont kno what or who? i just come...
what is the most user friendly software used to program PIC16F877A? do you know any cool and simple projects using this microcontroller?