XBOX Loop leaks : Rumor ?

XBOX Loop (or Infinity or 720,name it whatever you want) has come up with one big change in their hardware & it is Blu-ray drive. Yeah BD !

During X360 development, when there was coldwar waging between HD-DVD & Blu-ray, Microsoft backed HD while their opponent Sony backed Blu-Ray (this was obvious because Sony's engineers & philips engineers were reason behind development of blue LED).Years passed & finally MS realised that BRD is much better than HD in terms of HD quality & even storage capacity.So, more contents in one disc.

XBOX Loop has much better sound recognition system.Improved hardware is capable of detecting 4 players at once.
XBOX Loop has included DVR too.

XBOX Loop has 4 Primary cores each contains 4 cores, so in total 16 core processor with 8 GB DDR3 RAM.

Enough to fulfill your gaming thirst 😉

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Bumping again,

VGLeaks claims the below mentioned technical details of Xbox 720 or Xbox Loop or Xbox infinity ::

CPU :
    • x64 Architecture
    • 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
    • each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
    • each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
    • each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
    • each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
    GPU :
    • custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
    • 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
    • each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
    • at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
    • High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
    STORAGE :
    • 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
    • 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
    • from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
    • Hard drive is always present
    • 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
    NETWORK :
    • Gigabit Ethernet
    • Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
    HARDWARE ACCELERATORS :
    • Move engines
    • Image, video, and audio codecs
    • Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
    • Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing
    Source : VGLeaks

Anyways, the GPU acceleration is nothing unique but equal to ATI RADEON 7770.
    Even though, you will find Console's performance much better than Desktop with same amount of CPU core & GPU.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a civil engineer interested in Analysis of Civil works
Hi want to build a GPS Tracking system For my Car. It is My project . I want to build it with general purpose items .
What is the consumption formula for materials in brickwork and plastering ?
Nissan, a japanese car has launched Nissan Micra which is well known as Nissan March in the Japanese market. The company has added a diesel version of the Nissan Micra...
How can I convert uint16 image to an uint8 image in matlab so that picture does not change ?