Web 2.0 Explained

Many of us would be asking what is this Web 2.0, and how is it emerged! If there's Web 2.0, then there should be a Web 1.0 right? So what are these two and all. Okay, this is my explanation for you guys. Web 2.0 is a new way of interacting with Websites on the internet and the term is coined by Tim O' Rielly! ๐Ÿ˜€

In case of Web 1.0, users can only see the content posted by the author. For eg., a normal static website of a company or something. In this case, the company information is just visible to the user to see and download, where the information transfer will be only from Author to the Viewer.

In case of Web 2.0, it includes our CE too, where not only the author posts the information, but also the viewers are able to post the information to the author or the other viewers and collaborate with each other. Consider our CE and you, as a viewer and not a owner of this crazyengineers.com, can post something, which I can see as well as Biggie, the owner can post and see, and I, on the other hand, see and reply to all. Similar ones will be all the websites, in which user can interact, i.e., give some input and receive a response, other than clicking the links, which all the users get the same content.

Best Web 2.0 examples include, Google, GMail, Facebook, Blogs (Wordpress, Blogspot), Forums (phpBB, vBulletin, XenForo, SMF), and so on... Even the contact page, which takes information from the user is a Web 2.0 thingy created by normal users! ๐Ÿ˜€

A few illustrations to explain this concept...

[โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]โ€‹

Hope this is clear! ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Good One! Liked the example you took. ๐Ÿ‘
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    AbraKaDabra
    Good One! Liked the example you took. ๐Ÿ‘
    Thankz... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: While invented in Birmingham, England, in the 19th Century, tennis has become popular worldwide, perhaps only second to soccer/football. The game is fast, easy to grasp, and accessible to...
RS485 port lightning protection solution Product Name: Three-terminal SMD Gas Discharge Tube Model:B3DXXXL(5KA) Size:5X7.5mm Application description 1.Protection against overvoltage of RS485, RS232 and Ethernet in telecommunication and security. 2.Protection against...
Lyrebird, this bird can copy any sound from camera click to sketching tires . some video on youtube are showing that copying human speech , I think that is not...
The bombs are connected to the ringer of mobile, this closses the circuit leading to a blast!!!!
The Elephant Rope โ€‹ โ€‹โ€‹ As a man was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small...