Protel 99SE

Hello

I am using Protel 99SE from a long time it is Very easy and good tool for Schematic, PCB Designing.
[​IMG]
​

I had designed many PCBs for different companies(Although not EMC/EMI Proof cause they don't need such but i am also working on EMC/EMI for one company).

So i think let me share my knowledge with fellow Ceans 😁
I am starting this thread because i want to know that what you want to learn from my side (if anyone intrested!!).

There are Basically two thing:

1. I can post Tutorial From A to Z (Protel help file is very handy you can use it as a beginer).
  2. Or i will post the Common Mistake which people do.
So please let me know which one is better for you. (if you want then i can make post fot both option also πŸ˜›)

PS: Sorry for my poor English but i promice that i will give you everything what i know about PROTEL99SE πŸ˜’

GodFather

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    atleast let me know that how many of you using Protel or want to use Protel!!
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    I'm using Protel DXP 2004. I don't know which is better, but until now I like this version.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shahrul
    I'm using Protel DXP 2004. I don't know which is better, but until now I like this version.
    Nice to see your Reply

i am using 99 SE since my Diploma time
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Is this freeware, godfather? Would be great if it is πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    Ash.. i am not sure that this is freeware or not but i have its Demo version 30 Day Trial πŸ˜•
  • huangwencong
    huangwencong
    I don't use Protel for designing PCB's because I'm a student and don't need that much. For me, the freeware version of EAGLE is enough. But it will be cool if you will post tutorials of Protel πŸ˜€
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    I learn Protel DXP since I'm a student, even this course not available. I learn for my self. I'm using not a trial version. This software can do autoroute and can design from single up to 8 layers. It helps my job.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shahrul
    I learn Protel DXP since I'm a student, even this course not available. I learn for my self. I'm using not a trial version. This software can do autoroute and can design from single up to 8 layers. It helps my job.
    same here i got my first job after Diploma on the base of protel only πŸ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    huangwencong
    I don't use Protel for designing PCB's because I'm a student and don't need that much. For me, the freeware version of EAGLE is enough. But it will be cool if you will post tutorials of Protel πŸ˜€
    Sure buddy i will Post it..
  • zorif
    zorif
    EAGLE rocks.free and simple to use.
    i prefer it particularly bcz it can make G-CODE of my PCB tracks and will be able to mill them on my CNC.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    zorif
    EAGLE rocks.free and simple to use.
    i prefer it particularly bcz it can make G-CODE of my PCB tracks and will be able to mill them on my CNC.
    Protel also Provides Gerber file generation
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    godfather
    Protel also Provides Gerber file generation
    Yes. Get the drill file from Protel and provide to the CNC machine to do drilling.
    I have setup for my own. Do the double layer PCB with platting.
  • fireball
    fireball
    I was used for Protel's older version and also experience with DXP's Altium designer. I think Altium designer is equipped with more features than protel99 SE and as far as i know Altium has aquired Protel as one of its departmnet or something like that. Though Altium is not that much popular but its very reach experience to use it....
    let me know if i am lacking anything regarding altium designer.
  • eng_alkhwgy111
    eng_alkhwgy111
    very very important
    I need help from u
    as i have a project in the next few days
    I learned protel and take an idea about it
    but I have to ask some questions
    1-where I have find VREG (ex:7805-7812-7912-LM317)
    if u have a library for this plz send it to me
    2-timer 555 & amplifier ICS(ex:741-LM386 & other)
    libaray where
    thanks
    If u add me to ur e-mail this was very will
    thanks
  • shailendravyas
    shailendravyas
    please mail me the tutorials to learn the protel
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    eng_alkhwgy111
    very very important
    I need help from u
    as i have a project in the next few days
    I learned protel and take an idea about it
    but I have to ask some questions
    1-where I have find VREG (ex:7805-7812-7912-LM317)
    if u have a library for this plz send it to me
    2-timer 555 & amplifier ICS(ex:741-LM386 & other)
    libaray where
    thanks
    If u add me to ur e-mail this was very will
    thanks

buddy you can make library for the component and also make the foorprint by using datasheet i will post the tutorial for "How to make Library and PCB library" soon. please wait for some time.

@shailendravyas:

i had posted one tutorial here on CE and will post more have a nice time here spread the word of CE among your friends.
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    GF please post a tutorial on PCB designing for absolute begineers....IT will be greatly appreciated.....
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    silenthorde
    GF please post a tutorial on PCB designing for absolute begineers....IT will be greatly appreciated.....
    yes dude i'm already working on this..
  • shailendravyas
    shailendravyas
    i m geting n error in pcb desining as
    "New Node
    Add node D19-K to net NetJ2_1
    Error: Node not found"
    what does it mean n how it can be removed
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shailendravyas
    i m geting n error in pcb desining as
    "New Node
    Add node D19-K to net NetJ2_1
    Error: Node not found"
    what does it mean n how it can be removed
    There might be wrong in the footprint of Diode please check it out. and let me know.
  • shailendravyas
    shailendravyas
    i m using led not diode
    give me appropriate foot print for led n also for a 1 row 4 pin n 5 pin connecter

where i find timer or 555 families
  • shailendravyas
    shailendravyas
    n also thanks for reply
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    hey you can make your own Footprint from datasheet.. check the Pin name in Schematic it should be same as in PCB library ie if you use number then "1", "2" or "A", "K".
  • park8817
    park8817
    Re: Protel 99SE, Bottom Overlayer doenot show up in gerber

ash
    Hi !
    I have a question .
    I designed 2 layer PCB and both are used for mounted components.
    When I made the gerber data, the bottom overlay doesnot show up.
    the bottom overlayer looks combined with Bottom Layer.
    It looks make a short circuits.
    The top layer, top overlayer are fine, only bottom layer is fine but bottom overlayer is gone in gerber, but pcb design look ok.

What is my mistake on stack manager?

Any reply would be appreciated in advance.

Thank

Antony
  • park8817
    park8817
    Re: Protel 99SE, Bottom Overlayer doesnot show up in gerbers

Hi god father.
    When I made the gerber files, the bottom overlay layer doesnot show up in gerbers. It combine with bottom layer.
    How can I set the stack manager for fix it

Thanks
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Have you Ticked Mark the Bottom layer while you had generated gerber file?
  • park8817
    park8817
    godfather
    Have you Ticked Mark the Bottom layer while you had generated gerber file?
    I don't know how I can set that.
    where is it?

Thanks godfather

Antonio P.
  • park8817
    park8817
    park8817
    Antonio P.
    Actually, I did, tick markfor all used layers in the menu option
    But the gerber file does not have the bottom overlayer.

Thanks godfather
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    park8817
    Actually, I did, tick markfor all used layers in the menu option
    But the gerber file does not have the bottom overlayer.

Thanks godfather
    try to generate gerber file again. i think this time your problem should be solved. can you please send me your .ddb file?
  • park8817
    park8817
    godfather
    try to generate gerber file again. i think this time your problem should be solved. can you please send me your .ddb file?
    I fixed it. Some Footprints have mixed layers which have originally built in Orcad.

Thank you.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    park8817
    I fixed it. Some Footprints have mixed layers which have originally built in Orcad.

Thank you.

Welcome buddy looking forward to see you active here.
    Have a nice time on CE.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    My tutorial on protel. I'm using Protel DXP 2004. View here #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Black Stick
    Black Stick
    We use Altium and are currently using Summer 09 sp1 we find it to be very productive with loads of powerful features using it everday and know alot about it if any one want's any advice or tips let me know.

Chris
    Blackstick.
  • Sheryll Anne Dy
    Sheryll Anne Dy
    Godfather, Please help me.. i'm new in using Protel 99 SE can you send me a tutorial on how to make your own layout. Im going to make 7 segment using a strip LED..

thanks very much
  • Raghudeep
    Raghudeep
    Hello, iam using protel se 99 for 1st time,i have a little expirince in eagle s/w,pls mail all tutorials to my mail how to design sch,sch lib,pcb lib and routing techniques..
    if you have other orcad and aultium exp,pls share with me.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi every body! I am a mechanical engineer. I have just finished my degree and I would like to improve my knowledge as an engineer. I am from Spain and...
I spotted a version of Einstein's puzzle posted as a vegetable-garden variety here. There are a few copies of this "famous" problem around, involving nationalities and tobacco products, animals etc....
Hello everyone, I hope I came to the right place for this type of question. Please assume that I am completely ignorant with regards to circuits/electronics (although if you can...
Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough tune-up. Formatting is always an option,...
hi i need some ideas on electronics fpr my open house exhibition...