Petrol Prices In Goa Are Cheaper By 11 Rupees - How Come?

Someone asked the question to me and I'm passing it on to all of you. Goa state has now the lowest petrol prices in India and that too by a huge margin. When the price of Petrol in the rest of the India are skyrocketing, Goan are making the rest of us jealous. How did they manage to lower the prices of Petrol?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    They reduced VAT to 0.1% that makes petrol prices dips 66 to 55.
    Generally states impose 25+% tax on petrol to generate revenue.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    The high petrol prices are due to the additional taxes imposed by the State governments. The Chief Minister of Goa, Mr. Patnaik has fulfilled his pre-polls promise to reduce the petrol prices from Rs. 65.51 to Rs. 54.96. This is primarily due to the reduction of the Value Added Tax imposed to 0.1% (It is nearly 11% reduction). Moreover, the Goa Govt. plans to reduce VAT on aviation fuel too so that more airlines will stop here for refueling.

Now what remains to be seen is how Mr. Patnaik is going to compensate for this loss of revenues.

How feasible is this strategy, almost 0 % VAT, and is it possible in other states?

P.S. People have already lined up at petrol pumps in Goa and majority of the stations have their stocks exhausted.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is it Mr. Patnaik or Mr. Parrikar?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    The later.
  • avii
    avii
    Anyway Living in Goa is costly.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    The_Big_K
    😳 It is Manohar Parrikar.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Navin *Patnaik* is is CM of Odisha.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i made a flash file in macromedia flash MX (.swf) and now i want to post it on web or on some social networking website by converting it into .avi...
How many no of (clay) bricks, cu meter of sand and cement required for construction one cubic meter of wall, (double 3/4 foot or single brick wall 4.5")? Like wise...
Hii, I am placed at OnMobile Global(5lpa). Is it good for me to go for GATE coaching and get admitted in some IIT? I have a valid gate score 520.....
CEans can wait for an Small interview of a superb personality. Who is he? Guess fast. Your wait will be over by tonight!😁
I'm getting error while editing my post here #13. Error: Please edit the first sentence. Should be 'It is' instead of 'Is it'. 😁